QB’s with the best/worst body language

DirtyDez

Maybe if this was 2012.  Cam Newton's body language is much improved nowadays and he's always on the sidelines dapping up his teammates and cheering them on (did it last week after Gano choked twice).  He was never a bad leader IMO, but he's come along way as a guy you can rely on to be energetic and optimistic on the field and off it.  

Not really sure about Flacco or Dalton since I don't pay attention to how they act, but I'd agree with Rodgers.  Dude always seems ticked off.  I feel like it hasn't always been like that.

Just now, iknowcool said:

Maybe if this was 2012.  Cam Newton's body language is much improved nowadays and he's always on the sidelines dapping up his teammates and cheering them on (did it last week after Gano choked twice).  He was never a bad leader IMO, but he's come along way as a guy you can rely on to be energetic and optimistic on the field and off it.  

Not really sure about Flacco or Dalton since I don't pay attention to how they act, but I'd agree with Rodgers.  Dude always seems ticked off.  I feel like it hasn't always been like that.

In Rodgers case, can you blame him for being ticked off? Watching a HOF QB waste away his talent due to an incompetent front office (for years) and coaching staff has not been good for his legacy. Then again, you'd expect that HOF QB to carry or prop up those around him.

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

In Rodgers case, can you blame him for being ticked off? Watching a HOF QB waste away his talent due to an incompetent front office (for years) and coaching staff has not been good for his legacy. Then again, you'd expect that HOF QB to carry or prop up those around him.

Is Rodgers sitting there though thinking "I'm a HOF quarterback, so I'm allowed to be as demonstrative as I want". 

This is the same thing that Cutler got stepped on during the rare times he showed frustration, but when Rodgers yelled at a receiver for running the wrong route, it was cool because he's a good player. It's just funny the leeway you can get if you're a good player. I guess that means you're "passionate and want to win", but if you do the same thing and, aren't that good, well then you're "just not a good leader". 

Eli Manning is another good one. His "body language" doesn't fit the status quo of what most people would probably want to see on their television screens. However since the Giants have won two Super Bowls under his guidance, it's brushed under the rug. 

Here's an idea. How about we consider one's body language being irrelevant to one's ability to throw a football well or move their feet in the pocket, diagnose a defense. 

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don't blame him and honestly I don't even think it is a big deal unless it makes teammates lose respect for said QB.  But he makes it more obvious than others when he's really mad.  But ultimately doesn't really matter that much, I mean I doubt Rodgers teammates take it personally or anything.

42 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

It's a shame that attitude has him playing like an average QB wasting his own prime lately.

34 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Here's an idea. How about we consider one's body language being irrelevant to one's ability to throw a football well or move their feet in the pocket, diagnose a defense. 

Who would've thought a simple take like this would be so meaningful.

Seriously.  How can someone judge a person based on "Body language" by just watching TV without knowing them personally? This is one of those cases where most people are over-thinking crap and are just being judgmental for the sake of it. I hate this new generation. 

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Seriously.  How can someone judge a person based on "Body language" by just watching TV without knowing them personally? This is one of those cases where most people are over-thinking crap and are just being judgmental for the sake of it. I hate this new generation. 

Because it's completely arbitrary.  I don't like the players' "attitude", ergo he's got a body language issue.

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Missing someone?

How on Earth has Eli manning not been mentioned under the worst body language in football? 

Body language IS a real thing, and people subconsciously pick up on certain cues from the people around them. When you are tasked with being a leader, and the guy that the team is supposed to rally around, body language DOES MATTER. It has to do with how your teammates respond to your leadership in times of peril/stress. 

Why do you think they called Joe Montana 'Joe Cool'? Do you think it was because he drove a fancy car or wore his sunglasses inside? It was partly due to his overall calm demeanor aka his body language

Just going off the OP, I don't really see it from Flacco or Dalton, but I'll admit I'm not really paying that close of attention. Seeing Rivers on the "best" list surprised me, I feel like he's pretty whiney when things go bad. Also, as a few other have already mentioned, Eli Manning is pretty bad and I think Big Ben is up there, too. 

Mariota never sulks or gets demonstratively bad with his receivers, even though our offense is hot garbage, so I'm gonna throw in the homer pick there because I'm a Titans fan. I also think Bortles deserves some props in this particular category because as bad as it can get for him (or as good), he's always pretty even keel. 

Archived