Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Real sad to see what this season has become. I didn’t watch todays game and honestly don’t really plan on going out of my way to watch any games the rest of the season. I think they could have gotten over the Gruden incident, but the Ruggs one is the one that broke the camel’s back. The offense has been a shell of itself cause they can’t do what they been doing so successfully until his accident. They can’t run the ball and we’re not seeing Carr play good football. 

Thus franchise needs a new GM needs a new HC it needs a breath of fresh air. The rest of the season is gonna be ugly but getting the best possible draft pick for the new staff and GM is what I’m rooting for.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Real sad to see what this season has become. I didn’t watch todays game and honestly don’t really plan on going out of my way to watch any games the rest of the season. I think they could have gotten over the Gruden incident, but the Ruggs one is the one that broke the camel’s back. The offense has been a shell of itself cause they can’t do what they been doing so successfully until his accident. They can’t run the ball and we’re not seeing Carr play good football. 

Thus franchise needs a new GM needs a new HC it needs a breath of fresh air. The rest of the season is gonna be ugly but getting the best possible draft pick for the new staff and GM is what I’m rooting for.

Sadly I think you're right. We seemed to be freed a little of restrictions and like there was a breath of fresh air blowing out the cobwebs after Gruden left and it looked like we might actually get over the hump this time. There is of course a long way to go still but the team after the Ruggs and Arnette incidents just seem to now be in a malaise. I think mentally the team just looks lost, lacking confidence, belief and focus and I don't see them being able to right the ship. I think it was a bridge too far for the coaches and players as you say.

I'm not one to casually throw about the phrase re-build and am usually pretty optimistic but it may just be time to cleanse the entire building, and start over. Hire an experienced GM, let him hire the coach and do things the right way for once and give them a full 3 or 4 years. I'd like to keep Bradley as I think he's done a grand job considering the circumstances but we need to dig right down and get the foundations right. No more plastering over the cracks moves. Yet another false dawn unfortunately. 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I bet big money on the Raiders season over/under again this year. It was only 7 games. Thought it wouldn’t go down to the wire again this year but it’s looking that way. Need 2 more wins to get my money back and 3 to win. 

Think you might be ok, unless we really crap the bed the rest of the way.

We'll be the favs against Washington and Denver, and probably won't be against anyone else. If we win those two, then we just need to scrape another W against inconsistent teams like Indy, Cleveland and the Chargers.

It wouldn't really surprise me if we did slither to 8-9, which doesn't really do much for anyone, but at least you'd win your bet I guess...

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

I bet big money on the Raiders season over/under again this year. It was only 7 games. Thought it wouldn’t go down to the wire again this year but it’s looking that way. Need 2 more wins to get my money back and 3 to win. 

I bet you’re nervous. Unfortunately I think you’re going to lose the bet.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:59 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

-Tin foil hat on- (props the the poster that did it first) maybe make thread called “tin foil hat stuff” anyways

when I saw gruden suing Roger I knew the refs would hate on us helllllla bad on Sunday and for the rest of the year. 

Hmm so the after gruden sued flags count (2games)

us 14/129

opponents 4/34 !!!!

I know we make some boneheaded plays that are flag worthy but dam last 2 opponents only 4 flags total.

Yea tin foil hat chronicles 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hmm so the after gruden sued flags count (2games)

us 14/129

opponents 4/34 !!!!

I know we make some boneheaded plays that are flag worthy but dam last 2 opponents only 4 flags total.

Yea tin foil hat chronicles 

I mean, we've definitely had penalties. No doubt. 14 sounds about right.

But our opponents get away with literally everything. 4 is a total joke that doesn't even come close to tin foil hat territory imo lol