Anyone Ever Get Down When Summer Ends?

MIKEWISNER

5 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I hate hot weather, but I can do cold really well. You can always add more layers, and I love how really bad weather keeps everyone else at home. Love late night walks when it starts to hit the low 30s, just above freezing is perfect.  On my lunch break I'll just go sit on a  park bench and freeze my arse off, can't get enough. 

I dont mind 30s either....but Ive grown to hate the snow over the last 10 years, so as long as it isnt snowing heavily, I dont mind the 30s or even the upper 20s.

However, like I said, my ideal temperatures are between 50-70.    

23 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Guess I'm in the minority. I'd rather sweat my balls off than shovel snow and wear layers of clothing to stay warm. I love me some football though. So it helps make up for it.

I hate snow....so there is a trade off.

I lived in Hawaii for 3 years, spent 9 months in Bahrain and lived in Arizona for a year.      Hawaii wasnt too bad, but its 90 and sunny almost every day in the Ewa Beach area where I lived, and the only thing good about Arizona's heat was the way girls regularly dressed.   Bahrain sucked.   Outside of that, Ive lived in PA my entire life and what Ive learned is its much easier to stay warm in extremely cold weather than it is to get cool in extremely hot weather.      You can bundle up in sub-zero temperatures and be pretty warm with the right gear.   In 100-110 degree heat, you cant do anything about it except maybe jump in a pool, which isnt an option when youre working.  ¬¬

On 8/22/2017 at 11:01 PM, flyers0909 said:

I love the fall so by the time Summer is coming to an end I'm over the heat and am looking forward to it. 

Same. I enjoy the summer, but I'm usually tired of the heat by August. Although this summer really wasn't too hot around here. Fall is my favorite season so I don't really get bummed when the summer ends.

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

In 100-110 degree heat, you cant do anything about it except maybe jump in a pool, which isnt an option when youre working.  ¬¬

See I'm the opposite when I'm working. I don't mind working in the heat, it's my leisure time In worried about. I want to relax and have my days off be cold and overcast, if I'm working outside I want 95 and sunshine.

Honestly, I think it's all in my head, if I'm hot and sweaty I feel like I'm working harder. It feels like more accomplished day. xD

2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

See I'm the opposite when I'm working. I don't mind working in the heat, it's my leisure time In worried about. I want to relax and have my days off be cold and overcast, if I'm working outside I want 95 and sunshine.

Honestly, I think it's all in my head, if I'm hot and sweaty I feel like I'm working harder. It feels like more accomplished day. xD

I hate that temperature regardless....and I sure as hell dont like working in it.    I did some roofing work for about 3 months when I lived in Arizona, and I wanted to die.    Great money,  but holy hell was I miserable.

Fortunately I have indoor job these days, but we had some AC issues early in the summer and there were some miserable days, especially with computer equipment all around me and heating up the small room I work in.   >:(

I see we have a bunch of morbid MFers here.....cheers to you fellas.

Nah, I LOVE summer but fall is great too.  

Winter and spring suck here in SW Ohio. Any time the weather is below 50 I mutter a bunch of nonsense about moving from this hellhole knowing full well I'm too lazy for all that.

Honestly, it's nice year around in San Diego, CA, so I could careless when summer comes and goes. I get that it can be depressing as the year is coming to an end. If I had a favorite season, it would be fall due to seasonal foods, football and my birthday lol

When I was younger I would because going back to school and stuff but not at all now.

The fall months are still very nice weather wise, plus we're back to football on TV. I also really like October watching horror movies all month long.

Archived