Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

38 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I can't believe people are actually saying IT is better than Kyrie... They have similar flaws but IT is a few steps behind Kyrie as a player.

Yeah I mean I think IT had a better season last year, but I think Kyrie gives your team a higher ceiling in a playoff series.

LeBron needs another bucket getter alongside him especially in the 4th quarter with the way his teams offenses always operate and IT is definitely that guy. I don't see him being #3 or #4 anything. Though his averages may dip to 21 or 22, he should still be the #2 scorer behind LeBron. I don't think Love will be anything more than 18 or 19 as he has been the last few years. 

Depending on how useful Osman is next season, getting potentially two 3 and D guys is a big plus for the Cavs. They probably won't want to trade Love, but if they could get another athlete or two for him while moving LeBron to PF, then the Cavs could become a REAL legitimate threat to the Warriors.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I haven't read the article but I saw some headline about asking for Klay? What would the Warriors have received? I'm assuming it would have been a three team deal as Klay for Kyrie would make no sense at all for the Warriors.

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

An interesting nugget dropped by Broussard:  [8:40]

"I spoke to several league execs last night; a lot of them were saying a lot of the players in Boston were really not that fond of Isaiah.  We know he had his problems in Phoenix and Sacremento, I didn't know he had those problems in Boston.   He is known as a head strong guy, he has a huge ego, they say he has a Napolean complex."

Finally some vindication.  Been saying this for a year now.  Repeatedly throwing everyone under the bus, hogging the ball, constantly talking about needing more help for yourself to succeed and screaming every chance you get about deserving to get paid must wear on teammates.   

broussard.jpg

Kyrie and IT are basically the exact same player right now. 

The only thing that the celtics really "improved" on is getting a younger player who still has room to improve. 

Vegas didn't even touch any odds. 

While this is fine for the celtics, they could've done better 

Kyrie is a major upgrade in the playoffs based on their career stats there. Kyrie is definitely the better player and is capable of being a good defender, I don't think he'll ever get there but if Brad Stevens can get him to buy in to being even an average defender thats a huuuuuge upgrade over IT. Crowder isn't really a loss as he was going to lose minutes to Brown/Tatum anyway and we had a huge log jam at 3/4.

Nets pick is the big loss, don't know how Cleveland managed to pry that from us when they had zero leverage but we still have the LA pick to play around with.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Kyrie is a major upgrade in the playoffs based on their career stats there. Kyrie is definitely the better player and is capable of being a good defender, I don't think he'll ever get there but if Brad Stevens can get him to buy in to being even an average defender thats a huuuuuge upgrade over IT. Crowder isn't really a loss as he was going to lose minutes to Brown/Tatum anyway and we had a huge log jam at 3/4.

Nets pick is the big loss, don't know how Cleveland managed to pry that from us when they had zero leverage but we still have the LA pick to play around with.

Except Kyrie's never played a playoff game without Lebron.  Hard to judge without the best facilitator in the game.  

8 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

Kyrie and IT are basically the exact same player right now. 

The only thing that the celtics really "improved" on is getting a younger player who still has room to improve. 

Vegas didn't even touch any odds. 

While this is fine for the celtics, they could've done better 

Agreed all around. 

At this point, Kyrie is not better than IT. They're pretty similar. 

No way IT is a #3 or #4 in CLE. He'll be the #2.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Crowder isn't that good. He had one good year and people think that's what he is. 

Crowder is a solid bench player. He'll be a good and versatile defender and can hit open 3's from the corner. I haven't seen too many people expecting him to be a star. He'll be about their 8th/9th guy.

PG: IT

SG: Swish

SF: LeBron

PF: Love

C: TT

Bench:

6. Rose

7/8/9/10: Korver/Crowder/Shump/Jefferson depending on personnel, rotations, defense, shooting, etc.

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Crowder isn't that good. He had one good year and people think that's what he is. 

One? He has been extremely consistent his entire career. He's only got 30+ minutes in the last 2, which are near identical statistically, but if you look at his per36 numbers, they are extremely consistent even from his time in Dallas where he got 10+ less minutes a game. 

People are really underestimating the coaching aspect of this entire thing.  Kyrie Irving is going from a used Nissan to a brand new Mercedes Benz.  As far as Jae Crowder, it's the same thing but the opposite.  Crowder's last two years have been by far the best of his career and both of those years were under Brad Stevens.  Crowder is a good player, but he isn't going to change life for the Cavaliers and the Celtics will be able to get some of their other guys more playing time.