With the 12th pick in the 2019 NFL draft............

Golfman

Honestly, if the packers are serious about fixing the offense, they need to spend real draft capital on offensive lineman- I would spend one of the top three picks at tackle, and two mid/late round picks at guard.

I like the job Gutekunst did this offseason, but the punter and long snapper pick should have been burned on guards.

4 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Has there been any updates on Cole Madison? I've kind of already written him off, but it would be nice if he came to camp this year.

Nothing but love to see the kid in camp. Not sure what we have in him. Also, I understand if any kid doesn't want to risk his health with football. 

2 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Who do you want at 4?  Bosa won’t be there and I’m not sure anybody else is worth the price of the trade...

No one yet. Too early. Players will rise and fall. I hate the “X won’t be available” comment this far out. There is about to be some serious eyeballing on medical, character, etc; stuff we won’t know about until after the draft. 

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

No one yet. Too early. Players will rise and fall. I hate the “X won’t be available” comment this far out. There is about to be some serious eyeballing on medical, character, etc; stuff we won’t know about until after the draft. 

Fair enough.  I generally prefer sitting tight or trading back to trading up, unless you really are in love with a guy.  Should be a fun Spring with the coach search and with how much draft capital we have.

10 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Fair enough.  I generally prefer sitting tight or trading back to trading up, unless you really are in love with a guy.  Should be a fun Spring with the coach search and with how much draft capital we have.

I am of the same mind. It’s just a question of what do you have draft capital for?

12 + NO = 4th overall, potentially.

12 + 2.44 = 5th overall, potentially. 

12 + 3.76 = 8th overall, potentially. 

That 3rd rounder might go if the right player falls. But for the most part, it’s just fun to consider to pass the time.

10 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I am of the same mind. It’s just a question of what do you have draft capital for?

That 3rd rounder might go if the right player falls. But for the most part, it’s just fun to consider to pass the time.

The NO 1st + the GB 3rd could move up to early 20's

NO 1st + GB 2nd is mid teens.  

Getting 2 true difference makers is the goal with the 2019 draft.

Could see Gute dropping back a few spots if the price is right.  Depends on how the draft falls.  If not gotta go BPA regardless when picking that high.  Hopefully a big falls.  Little, Ferrell, Gary.  It's way too early to project.  Usually the final boards are not set until a few weeks before the draft.  It's a Defensive heavy draft at the top probably the way we'll go.  Like the boys from Clemson.  Ferrell, Lawrence, Wilkins.  All studs.  Hope we can pluck one of them out of our 2 1st rounders. 

We need OL as well.  They will want to protect Aaron.  OT and probably 2 guards in this draft.  

Expecting half of our picks will be spent on bigs.

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Usually a big trade back guy, but at some point you gotta use that extra capital. With us so close to the upper tier and with an extra first in our pocket I'd love to see us jump a bit to grab an elite player. 

2 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Has there been any updates on Cole Madison? I've kind of already written him off, but it would be nice if he came to camp this year.

Only thing I vaguely remember is a report back in like....November about how the team doesn't believe that he eventually WON'T play. If he returns next year that'll be a nice boost since he looked like a solid OG prospect

Archived