Around the NFL - Playoffs Baby

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

What? We are one of the best drafting teams in the league. We literally were just the youngest team in the playoffs. Weve replaced our QB, RB, OL, DL, LB and secondary all in the last few years. How can you possibly think we dont do well at drafting replacements. 

Cause we don't. Not until the need hits us in the face.
Murray- Drafted Zeke the 2nd year after with a top 4 pick and that's only after we go 4-12 with our starting QB gone. We should have worked harder at going after David Johnson in 2015 when we had no viable option after that year. Or maybe Yeldon or some of the other backs to actually try for a work horse or a true 3 down back.

Romo- We got lotto winning lucky getting Dak his very last year. But there was no actual plan there because Dak was still viewed as a project and many believed we drafted him 3 rounds too early and they're right. We were desperate. From all accounts, Dak from a prospect view had no business starting his rookie year and we should have gone after someone like Carr in 2014 or Savage, Garrett, or w/e. We didn't attempt a backup plan until we weren't even sure if Romo could make it 3 games. Not like NE with Grappolo and others who groom replacements.

Witten- Still no real replacement and we knew he was ready to retire for like 3 years now for a player his age.

Ware- Lawrence just came on last year. We should have been trying to draft competition and help since 2011. Instead we let him go with no real plan on how to replace a all-pro DE and we went straight to being among the worst the league in sacks.

We can draft, I'm not disputing that. So thank God for Will McClay, but in terms of prepping for replacements we draft like these guys have another 10 years to go. And we still haven't a good 1-2 punch for Zeke who I have no doubt we are going to run into the ground. You can't deny Jerry's no competition policy has screwed us more then once in the past.

Jags purge several parts of their recent spending spree(s)- DT Malik Jackson, FS Tashaun Gipson, RB Carlos Hyde, OT Jermey Parnell.

Some may clamor for the first two but I would bet we have more interest in the last two.

45 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Jags purge several parts of their recent spending spree(s)- DT Malik Jackson, FS Tashaun Gipson, RB Carlos Hyde, OT Jermey Parnell.

Some may clamor for the first two but I would bet we have more interest in the last two.

Also a good lesson in the buyer's remorse that inevitably comes with big FA spending.

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

AB traded to Oakland for their 3rd and 5th rounders in 2019.

21 million in dead money and AB only signs a 3 year deal with the Raiders. Hard to see how the Steelers can be happy with any if that. Probably raises the price on Amari a bit though.

I get AB is a knucklehead but I'm shocked at the return. I thought he would have fetched a 2nd for sure.

Pittsburgh is a hot mess. They dont trade Bell and he leaves for nothing and you traded AB for essentially what you traded Martavious Bryant for last year.

Archived