LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

1 hour ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Greene would have to be promoted because he can't go laterally.

Mike Pettine's defense is going to get another try as he is staying on as Lafluer's defensive coordinator. I would hope that he would try to upgrade some of the position coaches.

The only promotion is HC. Coordinators and position coaches are both considered "assistant" coaches and you can block position coaches for interviewing for coordinator positions.

10 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

That bald Head of Security dude that drives people to and from the airport and shadows the HC and injured players during games is so manly.

It's like we have Jason Statham on staff, or Ray Donovan without hair. One day someone will get too close to his client and get throat-chopped.

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

One thing that has me concerned, does LaFleur have enough NFL experience to assemble a strength and conditioning staff? I sure as hell hope ours is purged from Lambeau.

OC, QB Coach, WR coach, LBs coach, ST coach, S&C staff absolutely need to be replaced. If we keep the rest of our staff in place, I'm OK.

God, I hope so too.  We've had too many seasons where our roster resembled a MASH unit.

16 hours ago, Chili said:

What's so good about Angelichio anyway? he done very little with Cook, Bennett, Graham, Kendricks, Rodgers, Lewis. His only success of note was Gary Barnidge. If I were MaLa i would look elsewhere.

Dump him.

Invoke proper culture change, no same old bad habits, new ideas. The entire offensive staff needs spring cleaning,

Of course the only TE we had that produced at all was Cook and he missed a lot of that year he was here.  Is that because of the players or the coach...?

8 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Of course the only TE we had that produced at all was Cook and he missed a lot of that year he was here.  Is that because of the players or the coach...?

Cook is a free agent .. maybe we can right a wrong and bring him back.  He had a strong season in Oakland. 

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

One thing that has me concerned, does LaFleur have enough NFL experience to assemble a strength and conditioning staff? I sure as hell hope ours is purged from Lambeau.

OC, QB Coach, WR coach, LBs coach, ST coach, S&C staff absolutely need to be replaced. If we keep the rest of our staff in place, I'm OK.

He met and worked with so many coaches over his career. Stops at Houston, Washington, Atlanta, LA, Tennessee. Also has Kubaik, Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, Sean Mcvay, Dan Quinn, Jim Haslett, Richard Smith, Dean Pees to call upon for any coaching recommendations.

He's certainly well connected enough to put together a good quality coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

He met and worked with so many coaches over his career. Stops at Houston, Washington, Atlanta, LA, Tennessee. Also has Kubaik, Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, Sean Mcvay, Dan Quinn, Jim Haslett, Richard Smith, Dean Pees to call upon for any coaching recommendations.

He's certainly well connected enough to put together a good quality coaching staff.

With something like strength and conditioning, the team should be able to help.   They can put together a search committee to beat the bushes to find the best candidates.  With the amount of capital they have put into development of facilities, I would think that this would be an easy staff to recruit for.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

OC jobs in Minny, Denver and Atlanta gone.

Would looooooove if Monken came here. The mix of the Shannahan WC offense with the Air raid system would be an awesome meld.

Works for me as well. That OC hire means alot to me. We need to nail that one - and nothing against the guy, but I dont want it to be Philbin.

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

With something like strength and conditioning, the team should be able to help.   They can put together a search committee to beat the bushes to find the best candidates.  With the amount of capital they have put into development of facilities, I would think that this would be an easy staff to recruit for.

If the Packers organization is going to help decide on a S&C staff, then I highly doubt the current staff will go anywhere.  Nobody should be surprised if nothing changes there.  In fact, I'd put money on it staying the same.  At the very least Lovat will still be here.  That guy just won't go away for some reason.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

OC jobs in Minny, Denver and Atlanta gone.

Would looooooove if Monken came here. The mix of the Shannahan WC offense with the Air raid system would be an awesome meld.

I'd like to see Monken as well.  If AR loves big plays and high scoring, he'd love Monken's offense.

Archived