BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

17 minutes ago, Counselor said:

No on shortening the draft and the roster size. I’m bouncing if that happens for real

I've tried 4 times to get the roster size reduced to 65 unsuccessfully you are probably good at it not going to 60. Plus it's active roster so guys on IR/PS/FA don't count now. Barely 1 owner even hits the 70 player limit now and it's mostly because they hoard srub players.

In reality the draft isn't going to be any shorter as we have had 4 rounds of PFA in the early years. What reducing the rounds from 7 to 5 will do is reduce the number of misses in rounds 6-7 and give you more informed options to select players that go to your IRL teams.

7 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I've tried 4 times to get the roster size reduced to 65 unsuccessfully you are probably good at it not going to 60. Plus it's active roster so guys on IR/PS/FA don't count now. Barely 1 owner even hits the 70 player limit now and it's mostly because they hoard srub players.

In reality the draft isn't going to be any shorter as we have had 4 rounds of PFA in the early years. What reducing the rounds from 7 to 5 will do is reduce the number of misses in rounds 6-7 and give you more informed options to select players that go to your IRL teams.

I’d be cool with the PFA being four rounds possibly but I’d like to  be able to trade those PFA selections. 65 is doable 60 is a no for me. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’d be cool with the PFA being four rounds possibly but I’d like to  be able to trade those PFA selections. 65 is doable 60 is a no for me. 

60 would be conditioned by topic 9. 

Anyhow, we will discuss it when the time comes.

So far I have 3 YES, 1 NO and 1 BCB

10 hours ago, Counselor said:

Don’t start with me sweetie pie

Bless your heart.

9 hours ago, ny92mike said:

What's to think about?  It's sounding like because I'm leaving after this offseason, that I'm attempting to "game the system" because some of you don't agree with the value of the trade.

If this isn't the case, then you're losing the what makes these sim/mocks great which is individualism and the freedom of the GM/owner to build their team.  The trade council should only be there for one reason, to prevent someone from unloading all their draft picks or trading away the value of their roster with the intention of damaging the mock/draft.  If you think that's what I'm doing, deny it and I'll move on.  Not going to go through the entire debate on why my roster is better off with nelson than the draft picks I'm attempting to trade for him.     

Because there is nothing wrong with taking not even 12 hours to sleep on something.  There was zero reason for the trade to need to be rushed through.

5 hours ago, BringinDaPain said:

@bcb1213, @Jlash and @ny92mike Guys, if you will have me into this mock, I would really enjoy taking over Orlando Ospreys for Mike as he's giving up the team.

Welcome!  Good to have some new blood.

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Attention owners

I'd like to start this year Owner's meeting before the draft. I'd start on March 1st

Idea is to keep things fresh in our mind when we vote on it. But be aware, especially the new guys, owners meeting is time consuming.

Simply put, are you for it (in case just say YES), or would you rather wait for June, when we have the Summer Owner Meeting (in which case, just say NO)

YES = Ted, Ruskie, Hockey, Jlash

NO = SirA

Only for pre-draft/FA items = BCB

@Hockey5djh@bcb1213@Jlash@pheltzbahr@WFLukic@ny92mike@Ragnarok@RuskieTitan@Counselor@BringinDaPain

@PR@MD4L@Whicker@SwoleXmad@DingoLadd@SirA1

I will say YES.

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

As a reminder those are the items listed before (not complete, feel free to PM me if you want to have some items included)

1. Waivers claims for IR replacements should be the same position as the player who landed on IR

2. Create workbooks for PFA, Waivers

3. Reduction of the season (10 games reg.season + 3 playoffs)

4. Reduction of the amount of playoff teams (from 8 to 6)

5. Automatically remove retired players from a roster (can't be traded)

6. If no to rule 3, clarify the rules of postseason availability

7. Review league roles and responsabilities (guidelines and members of committees, rules workbook, roster guys ...) + create a rule workbook master that would update the rules workook as season goes on (Hockey)

8. Cancel owners meetings and instead create a process to vote on a rule proposal all year round

9. Unlock players under $700 salary on 1yr deals

10. Reduce roster size to 60

11. Create a Practice Squad system

12. Extend voting deadlines to Wednesday 11:59pm EST

13. Limit gameplan sizes to 500 words

14. Your annual 3UP rules review and update

15. Reduce the draft to 5 rounds - starting in 2020 (2021?)

16. Implement future 3ups. Whatever that is.

99. @Ragnarok will be obligated to provide us with a 7 round mock draft every 2 weeks starting on Jan. 1st

Once again, those items are NOT EXHAUSTIVE. I can't keep track of everything that has been offered, PMing me is the best solution so I can update this post.

Also, we don't need to discuss those rules now. It's what owners meeting is for

2 Things

1.  Let's try to order this list in terms of items that will need the least discussion first.  For instance, limiting gameplay sizes is pretty cut and dry.  You want a 500 word limit or not.  That will allow us to move through simpler items more quickly early in the process.  And the more extensive issues can wait a bit.  

2.  Who exactly proposed #99?

25 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Ill be around.  I havent left yet.

Good to hear.  This should really help the transitional period.  

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Bless your heart.

Because there is nothing wrong with taking not even 12 hours to sleep on something.  There was zero reason for the trade to need to be rushed through.

Welcome!  Good to have some new blood.

I will say YES.

2 Things

1.  Let's try to order this list in terms of items that will need the least discussion first.  For instance, limiting gameplay sizes is pretty cut and dry.  You want a 500 word limit or not.  That will allow us to move through simpler items more quickly early in the process.  And the more extensive issues can wait a bit.  

2.  Who exactly proposed #99?

Good to hear.  This should really help the transitional period.  

Let’s get a new mock by tonight. Thank you