BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

13 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Rags, I'll take your primary spots on Trade/Contract if I'm not already.  The other guys can start as alternates to get their feet wet.

That's fine by me.

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Whatever clown

Trade Council: Pheltzbahr; SirA1; MD4L; PR; JLash / Backup: Counselor
Contract Committee: Pheltzbahr; SirA1; JLash; MD4L; Bcb1213 / Backup: DingoLadd

May your headaches brought about by being on these councils be never-ending 

@SirA1, this should be the new Committee list for OP in Negotiations thread.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’d be cool with the PFA being four rounds possibly but I’d like to  be able to trade those PFA selections. 65 is doable 60 is a no for me. 

I mentioned that as well when I brought it up. 

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

Also, Owners meeting topics will be presented like this;

I like my things structured

Love this, the only thing I don't like (which created the cap issue and re-correction in the past) is that it makes people vote immediately on the exact proposal instead of discussing it. While I may have made a few proposals that doesn't mean that someone else in the BDL doesn't have an opinion or possibly a better way to fix it.

That said I'm ok if we do like we did last summer meeting and propose the topic, give a couple days for discussion and someone presenting their case or someone giving alternate suggestions, and then a vote after that.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

No on shortening the draft and the roster size. I’m bouncing if that happens for real

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

I've tried 4 times to get the roster size reduced to 65 unsuccessfully you are probably good at it not going to 60. Plus it's active roster so guys on IR/PS/FA don't count now. Barely 1 owner even hits the 70 player limit now and it's mostly because they hoard srub players.

In reality the draft isn't going to be any shorter as we have had 4 rounds of PFA in the early years. What reducing the rounds from 7 to 5 will do is reduce the number of misses in rounds 6-7 and give you more informed options to select players that go to your IRL teams.

This is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to the discussion period. In this case counselor would be an immediate "no" vote and SirA wouldn't have had a chance to give detail on why he proposed it or how he thinks the chance will affect the BDL.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

No on shortening the draft and the roster size. I’m bouncing if that happens for real

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

I've tried 4 times to get the roster size reduced to 65 unsuccessfully you are probably good at it not going to 60. Plus it's active roster so guys on IR/PS/FA don't count now. Barely 1 owner even hits the 70 player limit now and it's mostly because they hoard srub players.

In reality the draft isn't going to be any shorter as we have had 4 rounds of PFA in the early years. What reducing the rounds from 7 to 5 will do is reduce the number of misses in rounds 6-7 and give you more informed options to select players that go to your IRL teams.

This is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to the discussion period. In this case counselor would be an immediate "no" vote and SirA wouldn't have had a chance to give detail on why he proposed it or how he thinks the chance will affect the BDL.

11 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Love this, the only thing I don't like (which created the cap issue and re-correction in the past) is that it makes people vote immediately on the exact proposal instead of discussing it. While I may have made a few proposals that doesn't mean that someone else in the BDL doesn't have an opinion or possibly a better way to fix it.

That said I'm ok if we do like we did last summer meeting and propose the topic, give a couple days for discussion and someone presenting their case or someone giving alternate suggestions, and then a vote after that.

8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Ignore me.....what you have is fine Ted. Smooches.

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Attention owners

I'd like to start this year Owner's meeting before the draft. I'd start on March 1st

Idea is to keep things fresh in our mind when we vote on it. But be aware, especially the new guys, owners meeting is time consuming.

Simply put, are you for it (in case just say YES), or would you rather wait for June, when we have the Summer Owner Meeting (in which case, just say NO)

YES = Ted, Ruskie, Hockey, Jlash, Rags

NO = SirA, MD4L

Only for pre-draft/FA items = BCB

@Hockey5djh@bcb1213@Jlash@pheltzbahr@WFLukic@ny92mike@Ragnarok@RuskieTitan@Counselor@BringinDaPain

@PR@MD4L@Whicker@SwoleXmad@DingoLadd@SirA1

yes

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

This is why an owners meeting takes 2 months to complete. Hell we've had some run into the beginning of the actual season and people just ran out of gas. It's the longest process in the entire BDL.