BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

What exactly is the color issue?  Is it the light red or green that is the issue or is it the white?

I don't actually see a color issue as it currently stands.  I think hockey wanted to change it which I thought was unnecessary

• Like 1

@PR @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Whicker @wwhickok @SirA1 @bcb1213 @Jlash @Counselor @pheltzbahr @Ragnarok @Hockey5djh @SwoleXmad @WFLukic @BringinDaPain @TedLavie

Okay guys, hopefully this will be the last update to the team pages, but if not I'll keep at it until we get it right.

@TedLavie mentioned including the pending bids in the "Available Cap after FA" formula (cell L8 in your team pages).  I could see how some might like this but how others might look at it like, the player hasn't officially been added to the rosters cap so that it shouldn't count.  I'll let you guys figure that one out, but for now I haven't included pending contracts into the formula.

Give me about 10 minutes to make the changes to all the team pages and another 2 or 3 minutes for it to update.

Thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@PR @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Whicker @wwhickok @SirA1 @bcb1213 @Jlash @Counselor @pheltzbahr @Ragnarok @Hockey5djh @SwoleXmad @WFLukic @BringinDaPain @TedLavie

Okay guys, hopefully this will be the last update to the team pages, but if not I'll keep at it until we get it right.

@TedLavie mentioned including the pending bids in the "Available Cap after FA" formula (cell L8 in your team pages).  I could see how some might like this but how others might look at it like, the player hasn't officially been added to the rosters cap so that it shouldn't count.  I'll let you guys figure that one out, but for now I haven't included pending contracts into the formula.

Give me about 10 minutes to make the changes to all the team pages and another 2 or 3 minutes for it to update.

Thanks.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

If you guys decide you'd like to use this system in the future, we can definitely make some improvements.  Down the road I'd like to propose a slightly different approach to placing the bids using private workbooks vs the form.

It's a much more direct approach to getting the bids entered in without the drag time.  However it would require some changes to the guidelines, which would require a good amount of discussion.

Nonetheless, I hope that the majority of you guys are finding this process helpful and fairly easy to use.