NFL Draft - Team Needs

The Gnat

Chargers needs.

1. Offensive Tackle - Dispite signing Bulaga and drafting Pipkins this position is still a need at both LT and RT. Darrisaw or Sewell would be our pick.

2a Cornerback - We moved King during the season and have struggled to find a replacement. Hayward is no longer a good CB and Davis  is a decent CB who needs to resign. No real players after that.

2b. Defensive End - Ingram will be gone after this season and his back up Nwosu doesn't look all that great. Tillery could move to DE but if F.O thinks Rossuesu or Parsons can play are the BPA. They could be the pick as well.

On 12/3/2020 at 10:11 PM, LinderFournette said:

depending on whom u ask....

its Lawrence

Fields/Wilson/Lance

Trask and jones.

Crazy how undervalued Justin Fields is here. For me, he's right there with Lawrence.
Any other year and Fields is the clear #1 pick. No one is going to be upset drafting Fields.

I have questions about every other QB. But not Lawrence or Fields.

As far as Browns:

DE - We are dying to have a significant pass rush opposite of Myles Garrett

DT - Larry Ogunjobi aint cutting it

CB - Greedy Williams has a mysterious injury and we have been surviving with a #4 corner playing #2

FS - Karl Joseph is a backup player at this point in his career 

LB - We need a guy who is consistent, way too much inconsistent play from our linebackers this year. We need a steady #1 guy who makes the routine play consistently.

WR - Not sure where the Browns go moving forward with OBJ, but we are in desperate need of a deep threat

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Titans, roughly in order:

DL/Edge: We have no pass rush other than Harold Landry and Jeffery Simmons.  We could use help at both spots IDL and Edge.

WR: Corey Davis is likely gone, and the gap between AJ Brown and WR3 is enormous.

IOL: The Titans need to be prepared for life after Saffold and Jones.

ILB: Jayon Brown is injured and a free agent, and Rashaan Evans hasn't been playing up to par.  Some quality depth would help.

TE: The Titans are likely to keep some of their TE talent, but there are too many free agents for us not to need some reloading.

K: Oh my god draft a ******* kicker.

I'm not sure where the Rams will go in the 2021 draft. We have a few players out of contract that are often involved that I could see being paid elsewhere: Leonard Floyd, Austin Blythe, Troy Hill, Gerald Everett, John Johnson and Josh Reynolds. 

John Johnson, I would imagine, we will push the boat out to keep him. The rest I suspect will move on. I think our top draft pick will be a defensive end. Leonard Floyd will do a Dante Fowler and join someone else for more money. Blythe, i'd hope we can keep, but he's been really good this year and I think his price will be high now. 

I truly think a DE will be our first pick regardless of what happens in the offseason though. 

2 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

1. WR!!! (2)

2. ILB

to add to this, an Edge would also be nice. Shaq Lawson is just not a quality pass rusher in this league. Ogbah is a nice piece that I hope we retain but we could really use someone capable of putting pressure on opposing passers without needing to blitz.

Still that comes way after WR and LB.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 2:23 PM, kingseanjohn said:

For the Chiefs. This is assuming we don't re-sign any pending free agent and taking K/P out of the equation...

• NT
  • CB
  • LB
  • OG
  • QB

Our big free agents in 2018 are Bennie Logan, Dustin Colquitt, Cairo Santos, Zach Fulton, Ramik Wilson, and Anthony Sherman. I'm thinking/hoping, outside of Logan, they won't be too expensive.

Assuming Alex is gone next year, Mahomes will be the only QB on the roster unless we re-sign Bray. I could see us bringing in a vet or drafting someone in the mid-late rounds if we don't keep Bray.

Time warp from 2017.

It turns out the team got their NT, but washed out the rest of the draft. Dorian o'Daniel and Amari Watts are the only others remaining and they're 90% ST.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:38 AM, onejayhawk said:

Updating the Chiefs, several lists, and many fans have it very wrong. The first and only true need is DT, because they literally cannot afford both Chris Jones and Pat Mahomes. The have the franchise tag on Jones, so most likely he plays for them this year. They have signed or resigned significant help in some areas and have proven players returning in others.

Without more ado:

1) DT
2) Edge
3) DB
4) OT (age at both ends)
5) TE (Kelce will be 31)

No starting players are needed. Depth at any position could be improved. 

J

I did good with this one last spring, though the team did manage to sign both Mahomes and Jones (sounds like an accounting firm).

The Chiefs absolutely killed it on my first three with Wharton (UDFA), Danna (5th) and Sneed (4th). They also drafted an OT (Lucas Niang, 3rd round) who sat out the year, so really my first four. Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the first pick. He's been good, too. 

For 2021 there are a LOT of expiring contracts. Free agency is going to play a big roll. Right now, I would go this way--

1. C - two players on expiring contracts and neither is cheap
  2. WR - Watkins is FA and likely not back. He's not the only one
  3. OT - We have Niang, but both OT will be in their last contract year and both are over 30
  4. TE - Kelce is having a HoF season, but he's also piling up the milage
  5. LB - They spent a 2nd on Willie Gay, who has a ton of physical tools but has not picked things up quickly. Depth is sketchy.

J

Edited by onejayhawk