Cardinals Hire Kliff Kingsburry as next Head Coach

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

So the cardinals fired Steve Wilks and Mike McCoy for this....

The problem wasn’t just Wilks - it’s that Keim hired a true -4 WAR OC in McCoy as the best guy to pair with Wilks.  And a 3-13 season later with a horrific OL no great mainstream O mind options left.  

Really the blame lies at Keim & McCoy’s feet.  Wilks was a victim of collateral damage as Keim’s only way out to try and transform the O on a much quicker curve. Wilks had his issues but deserved better.  

This move comes with absolute bust risk.  But Keim painted himself in this corner with the McCoy hire and leaving the OL void of literally any talent once Pugh and the C went down (doubt 3-4 of the 5 starters who played most games on ARI even would make another teams active roster on game day next year).  As risky as it is though make no mistake - still 1000x better than having McCoy as the OC in charge.   It’s unfortunate Wilks got caught in the crossfire.  Really it should have been Keim who took the first bullet. 

7 hours ago, Danger said:

I've heard a lot of teams have shown interest in him. I just don't understand for the life of me, why?

To develop Rosen (and generally bring life to the offense, but mostly Rosen).  How is that not obvious?  They have banked on Rosen as their future.  This guy coached up 2 of the best college QBs in recent memory.  I don't know if he was the best hire overall, but I get the logic.

35 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It's beginning to look like no one is going to hook up to the McDaniels crazy train. 

He's already said he's staying in NE.   I'm sure his ultra-quiet phone had nothing to do with it.  Wow can't believe no one wants to hire (try to hire?) Mr "now you see me now you don't" lol

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

WTF is a Kliff Kingsberry?

And who the F spells Cliff with a K?

And this guy’s name is one K away from making me very uncomfortable.

Nobody named Kliff with a K would inspire me to play football. 

Garbage hire. 

Kliff is his middle name. His real first name is Pete.

True story.

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Kliff is his middle name. His real first name is Pete.

True story.

Even worse this shows horrible decision making on his part. He had a baller name like Pete, which we all know is associated with the coolest people, and he went with the crappy, not a real spelling, Kliff? This guy is straight trash

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Maybe coaching in the NFL is easier than coaching in college?  Jim Harbaugh made it to a Super Bowl, but his Michigan teams can't beat OSU.  Lovie Smith made the Super Bowl as well, but his U of I teams suck...

recruiting is such a huge part of the college game that if you’re not great at it but good with your Xs and Os you’re probably better off in the nfl. not sure if kliff’s that guy, but it’s certainly true of some folks.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

It's beginning to look like no one is going to hook up to the McDaniels crazy train. 

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Gase could get shutout too 

Jets & Mia are still up for grabs (Kitchens vs. Stefanski in CLE and Fangio vs. Munchak in DEN).    Gase’s only shot is NYJ obv.  What’s even more interesting is that McCarthy also probably gets shut out unless the Jets tab him.   

Kitchens getting the CLE gig seems like a fit but I’m surprised Todd Monken didn’t get more love.  I guess he must be a blah interview.  He’s a coaching FA too I don’t expect he’ll stay unsigned as an OC for long. 

Archived