Around The League V.2

Totty

8 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Not to start the hype train too early, but what playoff contender in the AFC has an impact defense? Buffalo, and who else? 

Serious question, we're not #2 at this point in that regards are we? Balt and KC has shown their defenses are below mediocre if not just bad. Does NE count? I half wonder if they're even going to make the playoffs this year. 

Edit: forgot about the browns.

Steelers literally erased an entire half of the running/passing dynamic. We're one of the few teams with the personnel to base an offense around quick throws and exploiting those match-ups, and did so with the benefit of them not having TJ/Tyson and a few others in there.

Of course we were handicapped with our offensive line, too. But PIT is still a great defense and even with those guys out I think they clean any issues up with a week of practice. 

I'd count NE too. Offense isn't explosive which will could bury them though

18 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Broncos are a unknown until they play an actual team. Giants, Jags Jets to start the season. There season truly dosent start till week 4 

Denver will be good this season, Teddy won't make mistakes that cost them games, they'll be able to run the ball, and their defense will be solid.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Denver will be good this season, Teddy won't make mistakes that cost them games, they'll be able to run the ball, and their defense will be solid.

Eh he beats the teams he should beat. Weeks 4 Through 9 will tell us what we need to know. Until then I could care less about a team who beat the Giants, Jags and the Jets on Sunday 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Eh he beats the teams he should beat. Weeks 4 Through 9 will tell us what we need to know. Until then I could care less about a team who beat the Giants, Jags and the Jets on Sunday 

I agree, I'm not going to declare them a great team for starting 3-0. But their defense does look very solid this year and Javonte Williams/Melvin Gordon is one of the best RB duos in the league. 

56 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I sure did.

You can not call that a disappearing act.  The Chargers had their game plan and the Cowboys took what was there to win.  They almost had as many yards rushing as they did passing.  A disappearing act is not showing up when your team needs you.  That is like saying Waller did not show up.  No the Steelers did their best to take him away.  If we could have ran the ball for 200 yards I am sure Waller's stat line is much smaller. Cooper drew a pass interference on the first drive on 4th and 1 then picked up the first first down inside the 5 that lead to the first score. He also picked up the last first down on the final drive almost getting the Cowboys into FG range, they picked up 7 more yards on 2 plays before kicking, and the only reason why he was not out there was he got injured.  The leading WR for the Cowboys, Lamb, got 34 of his yards on the final play of the first half where the Chargers just kept everything in front of them.  So Lamb had 47 meaningful yards on 8 targets and 7 catches.  The second most receiving yards was 37 by Jarwin.  The Cowboys probably do not win without Cooper.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The Chargers had their game plan and the Cowboys took what was there to win. 

Yes, things are different week to week. Dallas was playing their second consecutive away game against a good team. Week 1 Dak had 400 yards/3 TD but Zeke and Pollard combined for 47 yards/0 TD. Week 2 Dak had 237 yards/0 TD and Zeke/Pollard combined for 180 yards/2 TD. 

• Like 1

The hype surrounding the Broncos personally blows my mind.  They just beat two scrub teams.  I don't get how they're so hyped up right now.  There defense is not what it was a couple years ago.  Their offense is not top tier.  They have weapons, but T. Bridgewater isn't going to utilize them the way a top tier QB would.  The guy is the epitome of a game manager.  I understand that's what they need right now, but they aren't taking anyone down in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

The hype surrounding the Broncos personally blows my mind.  They just beat two scrub teams.  I don't get how they're so hyped up right now.  There defense is not what it was a couple years ago.  Their offense is not top tier.  They have weapons, but T. Bridgewater isn't going to utilize them the way a top tier QB would.  The guy is the epitome of a game manager.  I understand that's what they need right now, but they aren't taking anyone down in the playoffs.

Their defense is solid and well coached. Teddy is stretching the ball thus far. Most 20+ completions on the year I believe I read. They have a ton of talent on offense and a sound Oline. 

You can write off their first 2 wins, but they handled their business. They have talent and should not be overlooked.