Around The League V.2

Totty

48 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

That's not true at all. 

The number of people who chalk up playoffs and such before games are even played based solely on who a QB is is beyond absurd. 

People pre-anointed the Chiefs as the best team in the division before a single game was played, and it had nothing to do with the other 52 guys active on game day.

But the qb isn't playing well either though. Yeah most favorites usually are based on who going to have the best qb play. I'm confused on your point. Rams traded for stafford for a reason. Packers roster wasn't better than rams last year. One had rodgers other had Goff.  Dallas after being awful last year became favorites to win division cause dak came back. Packers, bills, bucs and kc was the final four last year. They beat ravens, rams, browns, and saints. I'll argue 3 out the 4 the better qb beat the better roster. Bucs had both. So yeah qb matters most, but nobody says it all that matters. 

Justin Fields completed 22-of-32 passes for 184 yards, three interceptions, and two fumbles in the Bears' Week 7 loss to the Bucs, adding eight rushes for 38 yards. 

but hey at least they can run the RPO’s and gadget plays on the goal line

Edited by Jeremy408

8 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Justin Fields completed 22-of-32 passes for 184 yards, three interceptions, and two fumbles in the Bears' Week 7 loss to the Bucs, adding eight rushes for 38 yards. 

but hey at least they can run the RPO’s and gadget plays on the goal line

Fields wasn't ready to play this year.

Really interested to see how this plays out in KC. You can't pin anything on them paying Mahomes for their current struggles yet. Veach had been applauded for drafting Mahomes and their recent Superbowl, but he's created a bit of a mess.

They made some pretty egregious errors in FA and the draft. Paid Clark who has a 25.8 mil cap hit and hasn't lived up to it. Made Thuney the highest paid G in football. Traded a 1 for Orlando Brown Jr. and their Oline has issues. Brown is a 1 year rental who they will need to decide to pay this offseason. 

Mathieu will be a FA this offseason, he's their leader on defense. 

Their drafts haven't been great. Dline talents have not lived up. Hardman and Clyde haven't been consistent. You take away Mahomes and Matheiu and Veach has done rather poorly on their roster construction and it's caught up to them.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Really interested to see how this plays out in KC. You can't pin anything on them paying Mahomes for their current struggles yet. Veach had been applauded for drafting Mahomes and their recent Superbowl, but he's created a bit of a mess.

They made some pretty egregious errors in FA and the draft. Paid Clark who has a 25.8 mil cap hit and hasn't lived up to it. Made Thuney the highest paid G in football. Traded a 1 for Orlando Brown Jr. and their Oline has issues. Brown is a 1 year rental who they will need to decide to pay this offseason. 

Mathieu will be a FA this offseason, he's their leader on defense. 

Their drafts haven't been great. Dline talents have not lived up. Hardman and Clyde haven't been consistent. You take away Mahomes and Matheiu and Veach has done rather poorly on their roster construction and it's caught up to them.  

whats crazy is that this is all happening before Mahomes increase kicks in. Theyve tossed around a lot of money to a few players and are already paying for it.

21 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Yet, he beat the Raiders

He threw for 111 yards in that game. Just didn't block on often on defense we allowed to back up running back's to run for a combined 140. That's why I was mad at that game it was exactly what I thought what he would do. They just won in spite of him

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Yet, he beat the Raiders

Jon Gruden's BS beat the Raiders lol. 

Justin Fields had the easiest day someone could ask for. He's looked absolutely atrocious thus far. So much for the NFL game being slow, punk. (I have a legitimate dislike for Ohio St QBs) 

I have enjoyed the dumb looks on his face every time someone Clowneys his helmet off though. He's giving Eli a run for durpiest faces in a season.

Edited by ronjon1990

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

whats crazy is that this is all happening before Mahomes increase kicks in. Theyve tossed around a lot of money to a few players and are already paying for it.

I'm glad it bit them in the A this season.