Around The League V.2

Totty

32 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Yeah, between him and Waller , concentration drops became very frustrating. Mayer ain’t that guy thankfully. 👍😁

Hopefully! knock on wood though!!
Amari was never a concentration drop guy either until he came to us lol IIRC at least

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

And a soon as Waller actually did come back and make some plays everybody was like" I like Moreau but..."

Never said he was a great TE.  His production would increase if he was the #1 and was never given the chance here.  He is not just a pass catcher like most of the flashier TEs.  Full time being the #1 I bet he puts up 700+ yards, 5 TDs, and is a good blocking TE.  That is top 10 TE production.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Never said he was a great TE.  His production would increase if he was the #1 and was never given the chance here.  He is not just a pass catcher like most of the flashier TEs.  Full time being the #1 I bet he puts up 700+ yards, 5 TDs, and is a good blocking TE.  That is top 10 TE production.

Who was starting half the season that Waller was out? We literally watched him put up less than stellar production in place of Waller. I never said anything about you saying Moreau was great. He was so so as the starter and people here were wishing Waller to get back. Like I said check the game day threads if you don't believe me. He had an opportunity to shine and didn't.  Somebody said Carr was off with everybody so that could have been it. But I also remember as soon a Waller returned and Carr connected on some beautiful plays people were already burying Moreau.

13 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Who was starting half the season that Waller was out? We literally watched him put up less than stellar production in place of Waller. I never said anything about you saying Moreau was great. He was so so as the starter and people here were wishing Waller to get back. Like I said check the game day threads if you don't believe me. He had an opportunity to shine and didn't.  Somebody said Carr was off with everybody so that could have been it. But I also remember as soon a Waller returned and Carr connected on some beautiful plays people were already burying Moreau.

Waller was slumping too, forever injured and dropping passes. I don’t remember people here really missing him. Wasn’t people doggin him after the Titans game. I think foster blocking helped jj have that great year. My biggest thing with foster was the fumbles but he corrected it. Mayer reminds me more of foster than waller. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Waller was slumping too, forever injured and dropping passes. I don’t remember people here really missing him. Wasn’t people doggin him after the Titans game. I think foster blocking helped jj have that great year. My biggest thing with foster was the fumbles but he corrected it. Mayer reminds me more of foster than waller. 

I get it Waller was a disappointment as well, but in the 9 games Moreau started in Wallers absence not a single game over 45 yards, he had some big drops and seem like he couldn't get open at times. Then Waller 1st game back he catches a 25 yard td pass. The forum wasn't so high on Moreau then, now we got people saying he could be a top 10 TE, and all im saying is his performance while Waller was out didn't show that. But Raider fans change like the weather so it is what it is.

Edited by raidr4life

29 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I get it Waller was a disappointment as well, but in the 9 games Moreau started in Wallers absence not a single game over 45 yards, he had some big drops and seem like he couldn't get open at times. Then Waller 1st game back he catches a 25 yard td pass. The forum wasn't so high on Moreau then, now we got people saying he could be a top 10 TE, and all im saying is his performance while Waller was out didn't show that. But Raider fans change like the weather so it is what it is.

Maybe it’s just me then cause everyone knows my stance on waller and it never changed. I agree some flip like a light switch 

40 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

What I said is Moreau as a full time starter, building rapport with the QB as the starter from training camp on, could get 700+ yards and 5 TDs.  His numbers while Waller was out played out over 17 games is 495 yards and 4 TDs.  When looking at all the factors surrounding last year a jump of 206 yards and 1 TD is not a huge stretch.  In fact to be top ten in yards he would only need to increase by 82 yards which would put him with Schultz at 577 yards.  I have not flipped on Moreau or Waller either.  I have always thought of Moreau as a capable starter and I have wanted to trade players at their peak numerous times.  The issue is we have had a few years with a TE capable of putting up top 3 numbers without being able to block and have forgotten what a top ten TE looks like.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Maybe it’s just me then cause everyone knows my stance on waller and it never changed. I agree some flip like a light switch 

I think getting rid of Waller was the right move just saying Moreau didn't do much in his absence either.

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I think getting rid of Waller was the right move just saying Moreau didn't do much in his absence either.

Meh he didn’t set the nfl on fire but imo he was solid. Carr was weird last year even ignored da some games. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh he didn’t set the nfl on fire but imo he was solid. Carr was weird last year even ignored da some games. 

Moreau had a shot last year but was a letdown. Drops, and usually guys shine with DC. I wouldn't have been mad at giving him one more shot, but I understand why the Raiders were ready to move on. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That's why I originally said some raider fans have short memories not only did Moreau drop some balls he was dropping game winning balls. Like the pressure was too much for him. You need only go back and read some of "the good bad and ugly" post game threads.  A lot of people were off his bandwagon, And even myself really thought he was going top pop with Waller out.

Edited by raidr4life

Moreau was cheeks as a receiving tight end. Especially when pressure was involved. DC is a high volume TE targeter. I think a select few of this fanbase massively overweigh how good of a TE Moreau is. 

• Like 1