Around The League V.2

Totty

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder if they'd entertain a package including Hobbs. 

Isn't Hobbs pretty good?  I really don't want to give away young talent on rookie contracts.  I know he didn't do well this past season but I'm going to say that him having to learn a new scheme didn't help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Isn't Hobbs pretty good?  I really don't want to give away young talent on rookie contracts.  I know he didn't do well this past season but I'm going to say that him having to learn a new scheme didn't help.

Yes he is, but Q is absolutely an elite player. Much more than Hobbs is. I value interior pass-rush over CB too so I would gladly give up Hobbs and a pick for Williams.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 7:38 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Wynn signed with the Dolphins for cheap. Out of all the ex Patriots, I thought he could have thrive here. He needed a fresh start and to be kicked inside and knows the blocking system. 

I wish we signed him… i think could have been a solid guard for us who offered the ability to play both tackles in a pinch.  
But with his injury history I can’t scream that we’re stupid for not signing him.  I do think signing him to a cheap 1 year deal would have been smart for us because Bars and Muti (unless he makes a big jump) shouldn’t be starters but currently are projected to be competing for the job.  So either Wynn stays healthy and we get solid G play from him or he gets injured and Bars/Muti come off the bench to replace him.  It’s not like Wynn would be taking the final 53 roster spot of a draft pick of young, developing player at the cut deadline, then gets hurt and the young G we cut is already picked up on waivers.  We have nothing at G really… so taking a cheap risk on Wynn would have made sense.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:12 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

`Lol one can dream but the chances of them letting him go... Zero.

On 5/16/2023 at 8:39 AM, Justwinning said:

He's not leaving the Jets lol

Let's not kid ourselves.

Is anyone on the roster untouchable if we have a shot at him?  There is not a single player I would not trade to get an elite DT.  

35 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Is anyone on the roster untouchable if we have a shot at him?  There is not a single player I would not trade to get an elite DT.  

I agree, anyone outside of Max. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

I’d love to get Q. Williams… it’s a awful shame we missed him by a single pick.  But until Chandler Jones’ cap hit is off the books I think we won’t be able spend what it takes to land a top DT.

I think the plan is to develop depth and use a platoon at DT this year and hopefully the young players Ike Young, Butler, and Farrell continue to improve.  Hopefully, that happens and we can then spend on a quality starter, albeit not elite DT next season when Nichols deal expires.

If Young, Butler, and Farrell can just reasonably meet expectations it would put us in a position with them being on rookie deals AND Tyree Wilson being on a rookie deal for 4-5 years, to be able to afford to sign on the high tier DT in FA (note- the best DTs don’t make it to FA most of the time).

• Like 1