Around The League V.2

Totty

On 5/9/2023 at 7:46 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly and there is zero chance the Jets trade Williams.  These articles are clickbait trash and it's funny to see how many fans jump on the train and start throwing Madden trades out there.  Williams is one of the best 3T's in the game who will get paid by the Jets and rightfully so.  Thinking they trade him is laughable. 

Yeah.  It would probably take a couple firsts to get him if we're being honest.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah.  It would probably take a couple firsts to get him if we're being honest.

To be honest to have a great defense we would also need a MLB that at least knows the system and has played in it for a while.  Not every great defense has a great MLB but they all have a MLB that knows the defense inside and out.  We keep signing FA defensive QBs and then let them walk after a year or two.  Last time we had a MLB start in back to back years was Rolando McClain.  Beikert and Millen are the only two that made it past 5 years since the 70s.  We have zero consistency in scheme and leadership.  We have had some very good players but we need talent and consistency up the middle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

At least you're able to drive home after the game.  Lol.  Averaging roughly 2 drinks over 3 hours is pretty safe.  Hopefully the sacks came early lol.

Only game I've been able to actually attend in a few years was that travesty in New Orleans last year and the Dome was walking distance to my place lol. 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Only game I've been able to actually attend in a few years was that travesty in New Orleans last year and the Dome was walking distance to my place lol. 

Yeah that game sucked.  I'm glad I missed most of it and never watched it after I saw what was going on.

I took my son to the Texans game last year.  I handpicked the worst franchise in the NFL for our game of the year.  Worth it.  That 4th quarter close out was legendary.  We lost our voices shouting the entire second half.  We kept saying "We F'ing Did it!" over and over again the entire car ride home.

I'm glad he'll have that as a memory for the rest of his life.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Yeah that game sucked.  I'm glad I missed most of it and never watched it after I saw what was going on.

I took my son to the Texans game last year.  I handpicked the worst franchise in the NFL for our game of the year.  Worth it.  That 4th quarter close out was legendary.  We lost our voices shouting the entire second half.  We kept saying "We F'ing Did it!" over and over again the entire car ride home.

I'm glad he'll have that as a memory for the rest of his life.

That game was alot closer than I thought. 

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

That game was alot closer than I thought. 

Yeah.  The fourth quarter was amazing.  3 unanswered TDs to seal the game away after being down 3 with the score at 17 - 20.  I was so worried we were going to lose because it was our second game we went to, and we lost the first game I took my son to.  I bought my son a $300 bomber jacket, the foam finger, a deck of cards, a coin, a bunch of stuff.  He was so nervous during the game he was pinching off pieces of the foam finger lol.  I told him to set it down because one side was all jacked up.

Man what a great day that was.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Absolutely, hope he recovers 100% and will be rooting for him. He was a solid player for us. 

I wanted to trade Waller and use Moreau as our #1.  This was before the Adams trade.  I still believe he is an average  to above average all around starting TE if given the chance.  Waller had more talent but provided more value if traded back then.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I wanted to trade Waller and use Moreau as our #1.  This was before the Adams trade.  I still believe he is an average  to above average all around starting TE if given the chance.  Waller had more talent but provided more value if traded back then.

Dude he was actually lackluster while Waller was hurt, man yall got short memories. I wish the best for him but he proved he wasn't above average. Just go back to game day threads if you don't believe me.

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Dude he was actually lackluster while Waller was hurt, man yall got short memories. I wish the best for him but he proved he wasn't above average. Just go back to game day threads if you don't believe me.

He was prone to a bad drop a game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

It looked like him and DC weren't in sync at all.  DC didn't look like he was in sync with anyone though this past season.  I mean a lot of players other than D. Adams looked bad.  Renfrow literally ran into Adams like twice last season.  I haven't seen that happen in like 15 years.