Raiders Defense

Rolni

15 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Y’all thought I was playing. He’s the biggest off-season acquisition for the Raiders this year

Absolutely, he could be the biggest addition we've had since Carr and Mack but I want to see a few games in the regular season with competent defence, players knowing their roles, communication and results before I fully crown him.

I will say I do have very high hopes though and I haven't said that about a DC since....................Actually I can't even remember!

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Absolutely, he could be the biggest addition we've had since Carr and Mack but I want to see a few games in the regular season with competent defence, players knowing their roles, communication and results before I fully crown him.

I will say I do have very high hopes though and I haven't said that about a DC since....................Actually I can't even remember!

The first thing I said when he got hired is when was the last time we can remember us having a notable defensive coordinator. It Never happens. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🤦🏽‍♂️Wasted picks wtf this has to be the worst rebuild in the history of the nfl

What do you mean?!?!?! It's only taken 3 years, 120 mil in free agents, about 17 top 100 picks and we're already a whole 2 games better than where we started off from..........we almost got a winning record!!!!! 

😂😂😂😂🤔

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What do you mean?!?!?! It's only taken 3 years, 120 mil in free agents, about 17 top 100 picks and we're already a whole 2 games better than where we started off from..........we almost got a winning record!!!!! 

😂😂😂😂🤔

Wow when you put it that way lol geez I sware a child could do a better rebuild than mike and gru 

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

alot of my family are from San Diego and big Charger fans. Alot of them are happy Gus is gone. They said his scheme is basic and he makes no type of adjustments. I'm hoping for the best 

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

alot of my family are from San Diego and big Charger fans. Alot of them are happy Gus is gone. They said his scheme is basic and he makes no type of adjustments. I'm hoping for the best 

Gus Bradley's simplistic scheme allowed 21.4 ppg over his 4 seasons with the Chargers and their opponents only scored 30+ in 11/64 games. Our defense under Guenther allowed 28.4 ppg and in 2020 only we gave up 30+ 10 times. 

During Bradley's 4 years with the Chargers they went 33-31. In their 33 wins their defense allowed 16.3 ppg and in their 31 losses they allowed 26.8 ppg. In 3 years with Guenther we went 19-29. In our 19 wins our defense allowed 22.2 ppg, in our 29 losses our defense allowed 32.4 ppg. 

Over that 3 year span we were 14-6 when allowing less than 27 points and 5-23 when allowing 27+ points. We won 70% of our games when our defense was able to play at the same level as Bradley's defense when it played poorly. 

Bradley's defenses with the Chargers held their opponents to 21 points or less in 30 games (24-6) while Guenther's defenses held our opponents to 21 points or less in 13 games (9-4 record). 

The Chargers were 1-10 over a 4 year span when allowing 30+ points, we went 4-19 when allowing 30+ points over the last 3 seasons with Guenther. While the Chargers went 32-21 when allowing less than 30 and we were 15-10 when allowing less than 30. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

😂😂😂😂🤔

In Grudock's defense they really did tear down the defense to rebuild it with Bradley's scheme in mind. 

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In Grudock's defense they really did tear down the defense to rebuild it with Bradley's scheme in mind. 

That's even worse though, tearing it down a second time after tearing it down three years prior for the Paul Guenther experience........ Shows what a complete shambles that first 'rebuild' was on the defensive side of the ball.

I do have a modicum of belief that we may get it semi-right this time though but that's more to do with Gus Bradley than Grudens ability to build a team unfortunately.

Edited by Darbsk

36 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's even worse though, tearing it down a second time after tearing it down three years prior for the Paul Guenther experience........ Shows what a complete shambles that first 'rebuild' was on the defensive side of the ball.

I do have a modicum of belief that we may get it semi-right this time though but that's more to do with Gus Bradley than Grudens ability to build a team unfortunately.

Agreed, Gruden/Mayocks faith in Guenther's ability to identify prospects that fit his scheme definitely hurt us a ton. 

I think Gruden is a decent coach but he has no business being a head coach, play caller, and having full control over personnel decisions.

Gus has proven that his scheme is effective and has glowing reviews from all of is former players which is why we were able to land Yannick, Wright, and Hayward.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed, Gruden/Mayocks faith in Guenther's ability to identify prospects that fit his scheme definitely hurt us a ton. 

I think Gruden is a decent coach but he has no business being a head coach, play caller, and having full control over personnel decisions.

Gus has proven that his scheme is effective and has glowing reviews from all of is former players which is why we were able to land Yannick, Wright, and Hayward.

I think you're right there. Gruden I do like as an offensive minded coach and playcalling I'm OK with him though he could be more aggressive. I think he's a really good coach. However, he's too impulsive and exciteable for team building I feel, I'm not sure even he knows his own mind at times. 

Bradley could be a total breath of fresh air so long as he's left to get on with it I think. I hope they trust him to do what he does.

21 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think you're right there. Gruden I do like as an offensive minded coach and playcalling I'm OK with him though he could be more aggressive. I think he's a really good coach. However, he's too impulsive and exciteable for team building I feel, I'm not sure even he knows his own mind at times. 

Bradley could be a total breath of fresh air so long as he's left to get on with it I think. I hope they trust him to do what he does.

Gruden's a decent coach and offensive mind but he's often way too conservative in critical moments. Our red zone offense has been pretty damn terrible as well. I think another huge issue for Gruden has been his tendency to show too much of his playbook early in the season, which is something that Andy Reid struggled with in Philadelphia. His teams would often start hot and then taper off because teams had so much film on them very early in the season. 

I also 100% agree about him being way too impulsive with his personnel decisions. He falls in and out of love with guys extremely quickly which is why we've had so much roster turnover with him leading the front office. He doesn't really seem to have a plan in terms of building the roster and we still lack an identity as a team going into year 4. 

Based on the roster moves that we've made on the defensive side of the ball I'm assuming that Mayock and Gruden trust Gus and that he has had a ton of input on the moves that we've made. We've brought in 5 former Gus Bradley players in Yannick/KJ/Hayward/Perryman/Teamer and also drafted 3 guys who fit his scheme in Moehrig, Deablo, and Hobbs. We also made a pretty strong effort to improve our depth across the defensive line. 

If you go back and look at what i have said since ive been on here you will see ive been right in what ive said....now me saying this im sure is shared with alot on here...as long as Carr good QB but does not have the moxie...heart...or the "Im going to kick your *** " way about him...or Gruden who all he has ever seemed to really care about is QBs..goes from 1 min trying to be a tough guy to always joking around trying to be funny {Players see through that phoney ****}..not being able evaluate talent..having total control... a Owner who cant see the forest for the trees...well you know