Rams vs Saints - part II

Webmaster

Disappointing that people will talk about the no call. Before that the officiating was leaning in the Saints direction, and if you say you want that play called correctly, you need the whole game called correctly. And in that case the Rams could have won in regulation even with that call.

Just now, Bucketheadsdad said:

Great point.  That throw, while would be looked at as a brilliant call if completed, was really gutsy.....and it didn't work.

Bro they win the game. But there was zero point. Rams shut that run game down. No idea why Sean went away from Kamara in the flat. 

And hitting a FG to send it to OT and win it? From 57? That is destiny. 

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

I mean, I am... 

But Jrry and I are the buttholes of this forum when we complain about officiating. Or, as we've said all season... We desire proper officiating all year round.

I feel like "officiating should be more accountable" should not be some controversial statement. Refs suck. They've ducked for years and it's the same group of 50 guys that's sucked for the entirety of my life. That's a problem.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Biggest irony - I predict the league is going to fine Roby-Coleman for the hit (which was both DPI and also hit to the head).   

The league's already told Payton the call was blown, according to the presser.

Man, Rams fans, with Vinovich you might be 1-7 - but you really can't complain anymore with him there in any future games.   Jeez.

Wait... It was Vinovich's crew? Explains a lot... The same crew from Steelers-Chargers who missed a blatant False Start that had a huge outcome on the game  (and the playoff picture) got to officiate a Championship Game. And you people still think the system isn't broken?

Just now, FrantikRam said:

Disappointing that people will talk about the no call. Before that the officiating was leaning in the Saints direction, and if you say you want that play called correctly, you need the whole game called correctly. And in that case the Rams could have won in regulation even with that call.

Hell nah bro. They had so many chances.

we were down 13/0 that alone is the kiss of death. 

1 minute ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

Throwing a pick as you're being heavily pressured isn't a 'choke' it's a bloody football play that will happen quite often.

I need more footballs to like this.

1 minute ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

Seriously I am over the label 'choke' being thrown around... If a team loses, it doesn't necessarily mean they "choked". A team has to lose in every single game.

A "choke" is missing a 29 yard field goal attempt, or missing a wide open receiver in the endzone and sailing it over his head. Throwing a pick as you're being heavily pressured isn't a 'choke' it's a bloody football play that will happen quite often.

Up double digits in your own dome and you lose...yup that's choking. Just a painful truth. 

Just now, eagles18 said:

reference to those two calling the eagles fraudlents wearing ski masks to pump them up... saints have a problem with philly and its completely out of no where.. i have enjoyed seeing them lose

Yeah I hear ya I loved watching you guys lose last week after the crap show your fanbase put on last postseason.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Stop. Let's not act like the Eagles were the epitome of class having been listening to Chief Keef in the Bear's visiting Locker Room and mocking "Club Dub" when they easily could've been getting ready to head to the airport. I've seen A LOT of this lately... Fans acting sanctimonious like their team never does anything disrespectful while what the other team(s) do is always evil. It's crap. Eagles players mocked the Bears. Saints players mocked the Eagles. Now Rams players are mocking the Saints. The only lockerroom that won't be doing any mocking if they win it all would be the Patriots because they don't rock that way.

Eagles were playing that song in team meetings before the game.... that Keef song wasn't their theme song for a season.

Eagles didn't trash talk Chicago after the game...

Eagles head coach wasn't dismissive to one of the Chicago reporters...

nice try tho bruh

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Bro they win the game. But there was zero point. Rams shut that run game down. No idea why Sean went away from Kamara in the flat. 

And hitting a FG to send it to OT and win it? From 57? That is destiny. 

They went away from Kamara because we had our DLs blow him up when he tried to leave the backfield.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Wait... It was Vinovich's crew? Explains a lot... The same crew from Steelers-Chargers who missed a blatant False Start that had a huge outcome on the game  (and the playoff picture) got to officiate a Championship Game. And you people still think the system isn't broken?

To be fair, Vinovich was refereeing a different crew since it's an "all-star" crew.   Obviously the irony is rich.

Plus, Rams were 0-7 before with him and getting more calls against than opponent for every game.   So yeah....wow.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Some people at first thought that was the Saints mocking the Eagles but apparently the Saints and Eagles each think they started the ski mask thing.

I don't know who is right and I don't really care.

who cares who started it.. saints as a team have no class outside of brees... i'm glad payton loss. now let him run to  dallas and coach for jerruh

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I almost never blame refs, even when they miss calls because it happens.  But that right there.... several refs on the field and it was blatant.  If that was a bang-bang play in real time then I could understand that.  But that right there?  No.  

You said there was plenty of football to be played... but that's because of the refs.  If the ref makes that clear call there isn't much football left to be played because the Saints just run the clock all the way down.

I get that. But there was still plenty of football left to be played. How many teams have been dealt questionable/bad calls at inopportune moments and still managed to pull it out? 

That call kept them from winning the game at that moment. It didn't keep them from winning the game.

Archived