Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

With Titans out (they were +550 odds, 2nd to the Raiders) these are the new odds for Antonio Brown:

+350 Raiders

+1000 Packers

+1200 49ers

+1200 Colts

+1400 Jets

+1600 Redskins

Steelers have no leverage here. It’s you take the Raiders 2nd and 5th or let AB sit. 

Said this in the Keenum thread but may be more relevant here - I think maybe the Broncos are gonna trade for AB tomorrow. The fact that Schefter and others were identifying Friday as the likely AB trade day a couple of days out strikes me as strange unless there are other dominoes that needed to fall - the Broncos working on trading Keenum to clear up cap space would fit that bill. 

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Said this in the Keenum thread but may be more relevant here - I think maybe the Broncos are gonna trade for AB tomorrow. The fact that Schefter and others were identifying Friday as the likely AB trade day a couple of days out strikes me as strange unless there are other dominoes that needed to fall - the Broncos working on trading Keenum to clear up cap space would fit that bill. 

Interesting theory. 

34 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

The simpler explanation is they saw an opportunity to unload Keenum's contract and get a pick for their troubles. Of course they jumped on it.

Stilll surprised they found a sucker to unload Keenum on. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

With Titans out (they were +550 odds, 2nd to the Raiders) these are the new odds for Antonio Brown:

+350 Raiders

+1000 Packers

+1200 49ers

+1200 Colts

+1400 Jets

+1600 Redskins

Steelers have no leverage here. It’s you take the Raiders 2nd and 5th or let AB sit. 

I'm about 99% sure the Packers aren't going to be that team.  I mean, I get why they're viewed as a potential favorite (need plus Aaron Rodgers), but Gute and LaFleur talked repeatedly about the locker room presence.  And that was one of the biggest things holding the Packers back last year was the fact that the locker room was very clearly divided.  For me, it's coming down to Oakland or San Francisco with the Jets a distant 3rd.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm about 99% sure the Packers aren't going to be that team.  I mean, I get why they're viewed as a potential favorite (need plus Aaron Rodgers), but Gute and LaFleur talked repeatedly about the locker room presence.  And that was one of the biggest things holding the Packers back last year was the fact that the locker room was very clearly divided.  For me, it's coming down to Oakland or San Francisco with the Jets a distant 3rd.

It's not happening IMO. No way he's coming to Green Bay. I'll be that 1% you're missing.

1 hour ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

The simpler explanation is they saw an opportunity to unload Keenum's contract and get a pick for their troubles. Of course they jumped on it.

They are paying for part of his salary this season tho.

17 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

Yeah...Bell's situation didn't affect the team neither, the team can deal with another circus. Tomlin has a great control on his locker room.

You have no proof the media attention around Bell was linked to any of the current problems, dude hasn't even been on the team in nearly a year.

22 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

You have no proof the media attention around Bell was linked to any of the current problems, dude hasn't even been on the team in nearly a year.

Yeah...Media attention from this drama is what all teams want. Look at the patriots, they have drama in their locker room every season, that's why they win every time....

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Imagine Brown refusing every possible trade move, then he gets released just to sign with NE shortly after to piss off the Steelers.^^

I think if he nixes all these deals we hold onto him. Because we can simply say that we have him under contract, we tried to find a deal, he said he doesn't want to go anywhere, so that implies he wouldn't sign with anyone as a FA.

Archived