2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He actually had the balls to say that the team lost money last year even though the value of the team went up "considerably". Real solid accounting.

"Because of attendance...blah blah blah...revenue which I won't release, but trust me!...blah blah blah"

That's like your landlord saying he lost money because he used your rent to pay off his mortgage, and not including the fact that he has more equity in the property as making money.

But when MLB teams are giving out championship belts for who penny pinches the most in arbitration instead of who, you know, wins, that's what you get.

He's been doing it for 20 years. Here are some highlights:

*Trading CC for Matt LaPorta and company (the year he wins the Cy Young with Cleveland)

*Trading Cliff Lee the year after he wins the Cy Young.

*The 2007/2008 WS Showdown between the two former Cy Young winners in Cleveland, each winning their own respective WS eventually with their new club

*Let Thome, Vizquel, Manny, Lofton, and Alomar walk in free agency

*Deciding to sign Travis "Pronk" Hafner, Jake Westbrook, and Jason Kipnis to bigger deals than they should have gotten while letting all of those above and many more walk

BTW, even if attendance rates were legitimate indicators of revenue in 2019 (LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL), maybe people would actually show up to games if you didn't pull all that garbage. Throw in why in the world anyone would buy merchandise/jerseys for guys who won't be playing for the Tribe going forward, and the maximum rank you've had spending on salary is 15th in your history as owners...I mean, I'm rambling but I'm still angry.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 3

On 3/28/2019 at 9:17 PM, pwny said:

Bryce Harper has already been booed by Philly fans. This is ridiculous.

Dude it was like 2 people who were probably drunk chill out. People always love to blow things out of proportion when it comes to Philadelphia fans, but meanwhile LA fans do worse crap and no one faults them for it.

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Yea, Im buying the Phillies and think Harper will put up a MVP type season. I thought he made the right decision when he signed

McCutchen looking like a nice fit already as well.

Franco has also been a pleasant surprise so far.

The only real dud thus far (mind you through only 3 short games) has been Odubel.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Hey there’s a big hole at 3B, SS, and LF for the Yanks. If only there was someone I’m Free Agency that could hold down the fort...

If only the cheap morons in the Yankees FO had wanted the elite 3B who wanted to play here . . . 

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Hey there’s a big hole at 3B, SS, and LF for the Yanks. If only there was someone I’m Free Agency that could hold down the fort...

No ill will towards Andujar but realistically this is exactly what our POS front office deserved

Its like I’m pretty sure I said to one of their defenders over the offseason.  You dont make your team better, because its already good and you think players will improve?  Well, people take steps back too, they get hurt, etc.  You always try to get better.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MWil23 said:

*The 2007/2008 WS Showdown between the two former Cy Young winners in Cleveland, each winning their own respective WS eventually with their new club

Edited by mission27