Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

I've been an Xbox guy the last two console generations, but watched last night seeing if anything would draw me in. Aaaand not really... I enjoyed it but nothing that made me go I NEED THIS CONSOLE. The only one I have a hankering for is Horizon Zero Dawn, that looks right up my street and never been able to play it, I know I'd love it. Everything else I'm pretty meh. Will look in to them more at release date to decide which one I get.

I will say, the console itself looks so nice, much better than the new Xbox. But what's with this only being able to stand on its side thing? I don't know of anyone who owns a TV cabinet with a tall rectangular shelf in it.

I agree.  Hearing that MLB The Show is going to be cross-platform, I may not be getting Playstation this time around.  Certainly not at launch.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Kinda what I figured, will still be fun though for like 10-20 hours.

Ahh, this makes a lot of sense. I remember people were discussing this during the event, but because it's PS5 exclusive everyone concluded it must be a separate, new thing. Somewhat disappointing, but still will be fun I bet regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

I've been an Xbox guy the last two console generations, but watched last night seeing if anything would draw me in. Aaaand not really... I enjoyed it but nothing that made me go I NEED THIS CONSOLE. The only one I have a hankering for is Horizon Zero Dawn, that looks right up my street and never been able to play it, I know I'd love it. Everything else I'm pretty meh. Will look in to them more at release date to decide which one I get.

I will say, the console itself looks so nice, much better than the new Xbox. But what's with this only being able to stand on its side thing? I don't know of anyone who owns a TV cabinet with a tall rectangular shelf in it.

I mean the XBOX360 turned me off to ever considering a Microsoft console ever again and the XBOX1 extremely lacked exclusive titles to ever take me away from PS. Ive had the PS4 since the first day it launched, carried it around in a backpack 100x and to this day it still runs like butter 8 years later. $499 well spent.

I feel like both systems are going to be insanely powerful with all the high end hardware--it just really comes down to what system offers more reliability (xbox360), exclusive titles that appeal to you and what your friends have. Sort of useless to get a PS if the majority of your friends have a XBOX and vise versa unless you dont play any online MMO/FPS games and stick to RPGs. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean the XBOX360 turned me off to ever considering a Microsoft console ever again and the XBOX1 extremely lacked exclusive titles to ever take me away from PS. Ive had the PS4 since the first day it launched, carried it around in a backpack 100x and to this day it still runs like butter 8 years later. $499 well spent.

I feel like both systems are going to be insanely powerful with all the high end hardware--it just really comes down to what system offers more reliability (xbox360), exclusive titles that appeal to you and what your friends have. Sort of useless to get a PS if the majority of your friends have a XBOX and vise versa unless you dont play any online MMO/FPS games and stick to RPGs. 

Yeah both will be awesome, biggest issue last gen was low frame rates and long load times. Hopefully that’s finally fixed.

Hopefully Sony clarifies their PS4 game plans. That’s the biggest sticking point to me. Don’t want to rebuy stuff or wait a long time. It’s weird how cagey they are being.

Right now I think my plan will be the same this gen. Go Xbox as my main console. The Xbox One X has been awesome since I got it, if Series X is the continuation of that I’m down. If multiplats are slightly better there again it makes sense, most games I play are on both. Gamepass saves me a ton and they are going to have more exclusives the first couple years. I also love my Elite controller and don’t want to give it up ha.

Then I’ll buy PS5 later on when the next God of War comes out, hopefully they do a special edition that looks different. And I’ll have a bit of a back catalogue to work through.

Im glad to be old now and not have to choose anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah both will be awesome, biggest issue last gen was low frame rates and long load times. Hopefully that’s finally fixed.

Hopefully Sony clarifies their PS4 game plans. That’s the biggest sticking point to me. Don’t want to rebuy stuff or wait a long time. It’s weird how cagey they are being.

Right now I think my plan will be the same this gen. Go Xbox as my main console. The Xbox One X has been awesome since I got it, if Series X is the continuation of that I’m down. If multiplats are slightly better there again it makes sense, most games I play are on both. Gamepass saves me a ton and they are going to have more exclusives the first couple years. I also love my Elite controller and don’t want to give it up ha.

Then I’ll buy PS5 later on when the next God of War comes out, hopefully they do a special edition that looks different. And I’ll have a bit of a back catalogue to work through.

Im glad to be old now and not have to choose anymore.

Apparently, the goal Sony has is that you can download any game from PS3-PS5 with it working on the PS5 with no issues. That's the goal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah both will be awesome, biggest issue last gen was low frame rates and long load times. Hopefully that’s finally fixed.

Hopefully Sony clarifies their PS4 game plans. That’s the biggest sticking point to me. Don’t want to rebuy stuff or wait a long time. It’s weird how cagey they are being.

Right now I think my plan will be the same this gen. Go Xbox as my main console. The Xbox One X has been awesome since I got it, if Series X is the continuation of that I’m down. If multiplats are slightly better there again it makes sense, most games I play are on both. Gamepass saves me a ton and they are going to have more exclusives the first couple years. I also love my Elite controller and don’t want to give it up ha.

Then I’ll buy PS5 later on when the next God of War comes out, hopefully they do a special edition that looks different. And I’ll have a bit of a back catalogue to work through.

Im glad to be old now and not have to choose anymore.

Or you could be like me, say screw it and buy both but only really ever play or use the Playstation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Apparently, the goal Sony has is that you can download any game from PS3-PS5 with it working on the PS5 with no issues. That's the goal.

Isnt that was PS Now is on the PS4? Or are you talking entire catalogs? 

Im mostly a sports game/FPS guy myself with the occasional MMO game mixed in like Elder Scrolls or Path of Exile--Ive lost interest in RPG single player games as Ive gotten older because I dont have the time to dedicate to completing them all the way through anymore. HZD for instance I played nonstop for a week or two and probably got halfway through it. Put it down at a part I couldnt figure out how to beat and never picked it back up haha. The only 2 RPG games I played all the way through on the PS4 was Infamous and Resident Evil 7---the rest of my time is spent playing online multiplayer games or sports games.

Would really really really really love it if they brought back a snowboarding game and a golf game. SSX/Shaun White and Tiger Woods were some of my most played franchises on older systems and they just decided to almost completely disband the efforts to make those genre of games anymore. Also some indie developer needs to be the King of party type games like they have on Nintendo. Any type of game like Mario Party or Fusion Frenzy would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Isnt that was PS Now is on the PS4? Or are you talking entire catalogs? 

Im mostly a sports game/FPS guy myself with the occasional MMO game mixed in like Elder Scrolls or Path of Exile--Ive lost interest in RPG single player games as Ive gotten older because I dont have the time to dedicate to completing them all the way through anymore. HZD for instance I played nonstop for a week or two and probably got halfway through it. Put it down at a part I couldnt figure out how to beat and never picked it back up haha. The only 2 RPG games I played all the way through on the PS4 was Infamous and Resident Evil 7---the rest of my time is spent playing online multiplayer games or sports games.

Would really really really really love it if they brought back a snowboarding game and a golf game. SSX/Shaun White and Tiger Woods were some of my most played franchises on older systems and they just decided to almost completely disband the efforts to make those genre of games anymore. Also some indie developer needs to be the King of party type games like they have on Nintendo. Any type of game like Mario Party or Fusion Frenzy would be greatly appreciated.

The goal is entire catalogs from all three systems including some of the greatest hits from PS2. (at least, that's what one of my friends who works for Sony in the US told me).

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...