Playstation 5

showtime

So what does 2K do for Next Gen? 2K has released a couple of bad games in a row (in my opinion) with 2K20 and 2K21, and haven't put a great game out since 2K16. 2K21 on PS4/One was probably around a 6/10 game for most people. Then on PS5 they make it a lot better. They add a lottt to the game, fix a lot, graphics look a lot better, like a new game. Still wouldn't call it a great game, but 2K put in effort, and looks like a 8/10 game.

What does EA do? A port, like we all expected. Improved graphics (with not even the full potential of Next Gen), and slightly more realistic route running. Madden 21 goes from a 3.5/10 to a 4.5/10.

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So what does 2K do for Next Gen? 2K has released a couple of bad games in a row (in my opinion) with 2K20 and 2K21, and haven't put a great game out since 2K16. 2K21 on PS4/One was probably around a 6/10 game for most people. Then on PS5 they make it a lot better. They add a lottt to the game, fix a lot, graphics look a lot better, like a new game. Still wouldn't call it a great game, but 2K put in effort, and looks like a 8/10 game.

What does EA do? A port, like we all expected. Improved graphics (with not even the full potential of Next Gen), and slightly more realistic route running. Madden 21 goes from a 3.5/10 to a 4.5/10.

LOL

2K put in effort? 2K21 next gen sucks. The online aspect of the game is choppy and laggy as hell. The MyCareer story is literally the same exact thing from current gen. They released blog post saying they fixed sliding issues and there's tons of sliding. The game is complete and utter garbage on the PS5. 

Madden sucks too, but here's the kicker.... Madden didn't charge extra for their upgrade. Madden allowed all next gen users to upgrade for free.  2K charged a premium for a next gen upgrade and the game is horrible.

I've said this over and over again, countless times.... Not sure why 2K gets that type of pass on here and Madden gets crushed.  Madden deserves to get crushed, but 2K is just as bad as Madden is.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

LOL

2K put in effort? 2K21 next gen sucks. The online aspect of the game is choppy and laggy as hell. The MyCareer story is literally the same exact thing from current gen. They released blog post saying they fixed sliding issues and there's tons of sliding. The game is complete and utter garbage on the PS5. 

Madden sucks too, but here's the kicker.... Madden didn't charge extra for their upgrade. Madden allowed all next gen users to upgrade for free.  2K charged a premium for a next gen upgrade and the game is horrible.

I've said this over and over again, countless times.... Not sure why 2K gets that type of pass on here and Madden gets crushed.  Madden deserves to get crushed, but 2K is just as bad as Madden is.

Because 2K has at least had some great games over the years. NBA 2K11, 2K13, and 2K16 were all tremendous games. When was the last great Madden game? Probably Madden 07 three generations ago. 

Plus 2K at least puts out a decent game that’s like 7/10 usually. Dynasty Mode is deep and very customizable. 

EA puts out a 4/10 game every year. Horrible Frostbyte engine (worst engine of any sports game in history), and the worst Franchise Mode of any sports game. NBA 2K and MLB The Show blow Madden’s Franchise Mode out of the water. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

EA puts out a 4/10 game every year.

So does 2K.

2K18 is arguably the worst 2K game ever made. 2K20 was terrible and is one of the worst games they've ever made. 2K21 current gen is the same game as 2K20 pretty much, but that game is literally plagued with cheaters because they have introduced shot aiming.  2K21 next gen is trash.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

So does 2K.

2K18 is arguably the worst 2K game ever made. 2K20 was terrible and is one of the worst games they've ever made. 2K21 current gen is the same game as 2K20 pretty much, but that game is literally plagued with cheaters because they have introduced shot aiming.  2K21 next gen is trash.

Dont forget WWE 2K20, which was so poorly made that it basically killed the franchise.   

I get what BayRaider is saying...2K has had more recent great games than EA....and they definitely do much better with franchise mode.   Gameplay and polish wise though, 2K is on the same low level as Madden.

Yearly sports titles are scams,and its only getting worse.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 43M said:

Dont forget WWE 2K20, which was so poorly made that it basically killed the franchise.   

I get what BayRaider is saying...2K has had more recent great games than EA....and they definitely do much better with franchise mode.   Gameplay and polish wise though, 2K is on the same low level as Madden.

LOL, WWE2k20 had a horrible launch, and then pulled a Y2K at the start of the year.  I've heard it is coming out next year though, which is smart to regroup but man, if stuff like Mass Effect and Battlefront are any indication (and Bioware/DICE fixed their games eventually) the damage could already be done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

2K has way more content than Madden. It is 100% absolutely a better sports game

I agree, but it does not mean it's a great game. For a while there, I honestly thought the Show was the only true great complete franchise, and even that is starting to wane. 

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Exactly. At least in 2K they give a deep franchise mode and customizable games. And they’ve also put out great games in NBA 2K11, 2K13, and 2K16. 

The last great Madden was 08 for PS2, and the Franchise mode has been abysmal since then. 2K is having a pretty bad stretch from 2K18 to 2K21 but they were putting out good games before that. 

Microtransactions destroyed 2K and lowered their level of effort in other areas. 

Madden was already a terrible game before microtransactions, but those made it even worse. Way worse. Madden in the PS4/One era has been embarrassing levels of bad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree, but it does not mean it's a great game. For a while there, I honestly thought the Show was the only true great complete franchise, and even that is starting to wane. 

Maybe, but it explains why so many Madden fans are envy of 2K games.  Like the biggest complaints the dude above listed about 2K choppy/laggy online play and copy and pasted career mode.  But the thing is, Madden has that too.

2K has like, double the amount of content that Madden does.  You can't even compare MyGM/MyLegue to franchise mode lol and yeah 2K might not have changed MyCareer much, but it's saying something when even that has 50x more content than any MyPlayer mode you can try and attempt in Madden.

I get 2K fans frustration.  Nobody is saying it's great.  But we'd be so lucky if Madden had 1/2 the content 2K has. I mean you can't even add tattoos in Madden... and that's like one of the simplest things.  

On 11/18/2020 at 10:46 AM, JBURGE said:

My console has crashed on me 5 times now I think.  Not impressed with that. The new party system, while not specific to PS5, is not good. They essentially tried to create their own discord but honestly I find it a pain in the ***. 

Other than that it's great!

Are you playing Spiderman? I've read alot of Reddit posts with people saying their system bricked completely playing Miles Morales. I got my system in yesterday and have played about 8 hours of Valhalla and no issues so far. From what I've read there is also some sort of bug involving putting the system into rest mode while a game is active. So for now I'm killing the game and shutting down the system completely. Only take about a minute from cold start to get into Valhalla and load my game anyway.