Playstation 5

showtime

41 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I really don't get anyone who pays an inflated price to a reseller, for these consoles particularly. Like, sometimes I get it. And I bought both consoles, so I won't judge anyone buying them. But if I didn't get either, I wouldn't have cared much. Both games I'm playing at launch I could've played on my old consoles. Theres 100% no rush for this launch at all.

makes no sense to me, especially since the game catalogs suck for the first 3-5 months.

23 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Covid. Production of damn near anything has been massively inconsistent all year. Especially in the tech sector. Without revealing too much, I run a warehouse in one of the larger tech companies. Every 2 weeks it's like we're spinning a giant wheel, and whatever it lands on is going to be impossible to get for the next month or two. At various points in time this year, it's been damn near impossible to get webcams, monitors, printers, laptops, dishwashers, freezers, controllers, game consoles, etc. It's hit almost every manufacturer at some point too. Nintendo couldn't get it together on Switches or Animal Crossing for awhile. PS4 controllers basically didn't exist for a month or so in the summer. We couldn't get HP, Acer, or LG to fulfill orders on monitors, so we just loaded up on small TVs, and pitched those to the work at home crowd. Any cheap(ish) MacBook was a unicorn late in the summer. Bosch dishwashers were backordered like 2 months for awhile.

It's all just been a question of what country or state or city is getting nailed by either Covid, or Covid-inspired restrictions, and what are the factories in those places making for us. Don't know enough about Sony's production to know where their hang up likely is, but I do know I saw literally twice as many Xbox's come through as PS5s, and while Microsoft has stayed quiet, Sony has basically told everyone not to get optimistic about having stock. I'd love to know what Wal-Mart has been thinking through the whole thing today. If they just held some back for some arbitrary reason, or if they're selling them before they have them secured by Sony, because I can guarantee they didn't get more today.

Thats insane. I remember waiting outside of Best Buy (in Cleveland, in Mid freaking November) from 3pm until Midnight with a friend for the release of the PS4. We were second in line outside and bundled up in layers and having friends stop by and drop off fast food and Starbucks coffee. Lets just say I went through a LOT of cigs and coffee that night sitting outside in 30 degree weather while it was starting to snow hahaha

I remember everyone was so cold we were begging the employees to just let us stand inside the doors but they refused to let us. Still hate them for that

This time around I am not doing any of that and am perfectly content waiting until the new year once everything is easy lol

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Covid. Production of damn near anything has been massively inconsistent all year. Especially in the tech sector. Without revealing too much, I run a warehouse in one of the larger tech companies. Every 2 weeks it's like we're spinning a giant wheel, and whatever it lands on is going to be impossible to get for the next month or two. At various points in time this year, it's been damn near impossible to get webcams, monitors, printers, laptops, dishwashers, freezers, controllers, game consoles, etc. It's hit almost every manufacturer at some point too. Nintendo couldn't get it together on Switches or Animal Crossing for awhile. PS4 controllers basically didn't exist for a month or so in the summer. We couldn't get HP, Acer, or LG to fulfill orders on monitors, so we just loaded up on small TVs, and pitched those to the work at home crowd. Any cheap(ish) MacBook was a unicorn late in the summer. Bosch dishwashers were backordered like 2 months for awhile.

It's all just been a question of what country or state or city is getting nailed by either Covid, or Covid-inspired restrictions, and what are the factories in those places making for us. Don't know enough about Sony's production to know where their hang up likely is, but I do know I saw literally twice as many Xbox's come through as PS5s, and while Microsoft has stayed quiet, Sony has basically told everyone not to get optimistic about having stock. I'd love to know what Wal-Mart has been thinking through the whole thing today. If they just held some back for some arbitrary reason, or if they're selling them before they have them secured by Sony, because I can guarantee they didn't get more today.

I need an outdoor freezer for my garage. They have been nonexistent at Lowes and Home Depot.

I was able to get my console, an additional controller, and the headset today. I want the dual charging station as well but I'll probably wait until Black Friday. I've played around with Astro's Play Room a little bit and I'm currently waiting on NBA 2K21 to install. I also bought Spiderman Miles Morales Ultimate Edition so I get the other remastered Spiderman game as well. I'm debating on COD, Assassins Creed, or Demon Souls as well. I already purchased Madden and will probably get FIFA as well. 

Controller feels amazing and the console is fast, can't wait for a deeper dive. 

If anyone wants to play together add me on PSN: JayExotic707. 

Praying all you bros find them soon. 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean they are sold out right now. Give it a couple weeks and all of these stores will be restocked or just wait until after the Xmas rush in early January. Im at the age where Im not desperate to have the system on launch so I have no problem waiting for all of the crazies to get out of there and buy it on a nice relaxing Sunday stroll January in early January 

Oh stores will want this thing fully stocked by Black Friday. No question. I highly doubt dude will be able to unload all of those in a couple weeks. I bet he'll be sitting on them or selling them on CraigsList all of 2021. I have no desire for one right now, myself, but in the future, yes, I will want one for some of the exclusives coming out.

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Oh stores will want this thing fully stocked by Black Friday. No question. I highly doubt dude will be able to unload all of those in a couple weeks. I bet he'll be sitting on them or selling them on CraigsList all of 2021. I have no desire for one right now, myself, but in the future, yes, I will want one for some of the exclusives coming out.

The only PS Exclusive game I want to play is Socom and Infamous. Unfortunately they refuse to remake a new Socom and the Sucker Punch studio was too busy working on Ghosts of Tsushima to continue Infamous 

31 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Wife and I had 5 devices we were refreshing on lol. Technically she nabbed it

Same here.  My wife is who got through. I kept getting caught in the credit card confirmation loop.  My confirmation said “by Nov 26.”  Hopefully it’s before.  I’m quarantined until then, and that’s basically the end of my quarantine, and it’s also Thanksgiving Day.   I’d love to have it before.  That’s pretty much what sparked the desire to get one now vs just waiting if I couldn’t walk into a store and buy one off the shelf.    Hopefully it doesn’t fall through.  

• Like 1