Official: Dolphins trade for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

Very good pickup for the Dolphins. I think the Cardinals are going to regret picking Murray and trading Rosen. 

No, they aren't Kyler Murray is going to be a star in this league. Rosen will be good too though just not as good imo.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I am thinking Fitzpatrick will win the starting job in preseason and will start the season at the #1 spot but as soon as he falters a few games

This might as well be written in stone for any team that has Fitzy on the roster. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tyty said:

Or you could’ve like drafted a player you respect and expect to have a part of the team for years to come. To rationalize getting a second for a top ten pick one year after using it is irrational 

Yeah sure the cardinals didnt believe rosen was likely going to be a respected player that was going to be with tgem.fir years. He flopped for them, it happens, doesnt mean that when drafted they believed he would be a succes

23 minutes ago, Classic said:

No, they aren't Kyler Murray is going to be a star in this league. Rosen will be good too though just not as good imo.

based on the pass rushers in the NFC West and the fact the Cardinals haven't improved their OL, Murray will be lucky to be able to walk after his first season in the league! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Roninho said:

Yeah sure the cardinals didnt believe rosen was likely going to be a respected player that was going to be with tgem.fir years. He flopped for them, it happens, doesnt mean that when drafted they believed he would be a succes

Why would you draft a player with the 10th pick if you don’t think they’ll be a success 😂😂😂 my lord

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Murray is going to be crushed - the Cardinals had the worst OL in the league and they did nothing to improve it.

So I guess next season, the 0-16 Cardinals can draft Tua and trade Kyler to Oakland for a 2nd round pick...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

The Cardinals flopped for Rosen, not the other way around. If any QB was asked to play in such a terrible offense with a terrible OL and no reliable WRs, TEs or RBs, they'd fail too. 

Rosen just got bailed out of a horrible situation. It's not a great in Miami, but it's considerably better than Arizona.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Murray is going to be crushed - the Cardinals had the worst OL in the league and they did nothing to improve it.

there was about ~940 snaps on offense last year.

Tackle snaps:
Korey cunningham - 349
Joe Barksdale - 244
Andre Smith - 426
John Wetzel - 339

Guard snaps:
Oday Aboushi - 407
Colby gosset - 282
Will Holden - 147
Jeremy Vujnovich - 147
M. Iupati - 477

Those are all terrible players. None of those guys are gonna play for the Cardinals this year and only one will even be on the roster (Cunningham). That made up 72% of tackle snaps and 78% of guard snaps. So yeah, the line is going to be completely different this year. 

4 hours ago, Roninho said:

They gave up picks to trade up for someone they thought would fail? Oh, OK.

5 hours ago, Classic said:

With some slightly better OL luck Rosen’s rookie season is not much different than Darnold’s and Miami stole him.  

Kyler will have better OL luck than Rosen (basically impossible not to) and deeper weapons/better coaching.  Granted Kliff is a rookie but he can’t be worse than Byron Leftwich.

If there were football Gods the Cards and Dolphins would’ve played each other this year.

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

there was about ~940 snaps on offense last year.

Tackle snaps:
Korey cunningham - 349
Joe Barksdale - 244
Andre Smith - 426
John Wetzel - 339

Guard snaps:
Oday Aboushi - 407
Colby gosset - 282
Will Holden - 147
Jeremy Vujnovich - 147
M. Iupati - 477

Those are all terrible players. None of those guys are gonna play for the Cardinals this year and only one will even be on the roster (Cunningham). That made up 72% of tackle snaps and 78% of guard snaps. So yeah, the line is going to be completely different this year. 

I said the same thing when Xavier Sua-Filo, Jeff Allen, Breno Giacomini were cut...

...then Deshaun Watson was sacked 62 times. 

• Like 2

I have to say, for a 22 year old that supposedly is "aloof" and has "maturity issues" (always from anonymous sources) I feel like Josh has handled this bad hand about as well as someone can. Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Wilks had nothing but positive things to say about him too. I hope he does well in Miami. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, childofpudding said:

They gave up picks to trade up for someone they thought would fail? Oh, OK.

Yeah i guess i messed up. It was meant to be sarcastic, but looking back it looks like how you described it. And for the record: no i do not think they traded up for someone they thought would fail :D

• Like 1