Official: Dolphins trade for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen

RaidersAreOne

I am thinking Fitzpatrick will win the starting job in preseason and will start the season at the #1 spot but as soon as he falters a few games as he will Rosen will get the remaining starts of the season to see what he can and cannot do.

My only regret in signing Rosen will be if Dwayne Haskins turns into great NFL QB when Miami could have drafted him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

1. I never once claimed this, I merely said I trust my own opinion more because I know from what they are based

2. Ok. Sig bet Rosen becomes a top 10 QB at any point in his career? Heck, I'd be ok with using PFF grades for this one. I'm that confident. Are you?

Maybe I'm wrong. Actually I hope I'm wrong considering he's a freaking Dolphin now. /shrug

I'll seg bet Rosen has a top 10 season once in his career

• Like 1

On 27-4-2019 at 4:24 AM, Tyty said:

So the Cardinals trade the 10th pick in the first round of the 2018 draft and a 5th in the 2019 draft for the 62nd pick in the 2nd round. Good work Cardinals. 

You miss the part where they also had the possibility to take a shot on a 1st round QB prospect in a one year try out. Which is worth a lot. 

To actually recoup a 2nd for a failed 1st round pick is a great scenario once you accept that the pick didnt work out

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Or they gave up early 3rd round value for a guy who can't play.

Everyone needs to get over his grade coming out of college.

He put a rookie season on film and no one was impressed in any way at all (outside of a PFF puff piece showing him making some basic throws)

The answer to where Josh Rosen would have gone in this draft is very late in the 2nd round with a 5th round pick thrown in.

• His highest current value is about the 75th player in this draft. (by Miami)
  • Every other team had him rated lower (or did not want him at all)
  • They all had about 465 drop backs to study from the 2018 season.

If anyone thinks they are smarter than NFL GMs because they make magic O-line value calculations in their head to see his true value has to realize that every NFL GM calculates that stuff as well (but not with rose colored fan boy glasses)

Is that the same thing those GM's did when they picked Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, Johnny Manziel, etc., etc., etc....?

6 hours ago, Roninho said:

You miss the part where they also had the possibility to take a shot on a 1st round QB prospect in a one year try out. Which is worth a lot. 

To actually recoup a 2nd for a failed 1st round pick is a great scenario once you accept that the pick didnt work out

Or you could’ve like drafted a player you respect and expect to have a part of the team for years to come. To rationalize getting a second for a top ten pick one year after using it is irrational 

I honestly think Rosen will be a great pickup by the Dolphins. The Cardinals OL was laughable, he was almost throwing under pressure every single time he touched the ball. He still showed bits of quality at times. He honestly reminded me of Goff in his rookie season, although Goff didn't have to move to get a better HC and OL.