Official: Dolphins trade for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen

RaidersAreOne

59 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's still gonna have to say that name at some point...

With the 5th pick in the 2020 draft, the Oakland Raiders select... Two Turkleton, Quarterback, Alabama.

its not hard to say - TAG-O-VI-LOW-AH

(I didn't look that up btw)

On 4/26/2019 at 3:36 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

The 2007 roster had some veterans brought in (Porter and Trent Green), but also had a lot of youth that people were high on.

Matt Roth, Channing Crowder, Ronnie Brown, Vernon Carey,  and Yeremiah Bell were all considered rising young players. In addition to adding starters in the draft in Ted Gin, Drew Mormino, and Samson Satelle.

Man those are some names I forgot 

On 4/30/2019 at 4:44 AM, BleedTheClock said:

The Dolphins don't need Tua. Rosen is going to be a good starting QB for them. Tua will prove to be a decent prospect, but not a slam-dunk #1 overall pick like some are pimping him to be. He looked downright bad in several games last year and has made his name on shredding apart some bad teams. Yeah he's played well against good teams too, but I've seen a ton of concerning tape from him despite playing with an embarrassment of riches on that offense. I think Jake Fromm ends up the top QB, trailed by Justin Herbert. Then Tua. All will go in the top 15-20 picks, but I don't buy into the crazy tank for Tua hype.

The Dolphins roster is pretty barren though. They needed to reconstruct the roster, dump the overpriced veterans, and acquire more youth even at the expense of downgrading. They have done that. They're going to be a bottom 5 team in the NFL, but I wouldn't put that blame on Rosen and anoint Tua the savior.

Man, the hype around Fromm is insane. I know I cannot be the only one that sees he’s no different from the Aaron Murrays & AJ McCarrons of the world. 

8 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Man, the hype around Fromm is insane. I know I cannot be the only one that sees he’s no different from the Aaron Murrays & AJ McCarrons of the world. 

Likewise, the hate around the guy is unreal. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

I hope the NFL hates him and the Patriots can trade up to around #10 and get him. The NFL would be in trouble.

22 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

He has outplayed highly recruited guys like Eason and Fields to keep a stranglehold on that spot. He's a competitor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

He has outplayed highly recruited guys like Eason and Fields to keep a stranglehold on that spot. He's a competitor.

He has looked fairly pedestrian against a majority of teams he has played against sans Alabama(which I find hilarious). I don’t think he “outplayed” more so of Kirby Smart being stubborn for a change. Look at his film & look at AJ McCarron’s 2011-2013 film. There the same guy. Game managers on very stacked teams. He doesn’t have any standout traits. Maybe you guys will finally see it, too.

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm sure the surrounding cast for Rosen at least played no factor in his overall  play.

in college? against the pac12? I saw somewhere that they got like 5 top 25 recruiting classes in a row around the time/right before Rosen was there. Of course this was an argument about this same topic.

16 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

in college? against the pac12? I saw somewhere that they got like 5 top 25 recruiting classes in a row around the time/right before Rosen was there. Of course this was an argument about this same topic.

It's telling that UCLA went from a bowl team to barely winning three games without Rosen. That team isn't good.

Edit - looking at their recruiting class, you're right. Think the lowest they had in that timeframe was 18th. But none of these guys are panning out; Kolton Miller and Takk McKinley seem to be the only ones who developed (not including Rosen himself, who was the top QB in his class going into his UCLA career).

Perhaps it's the coaching?