Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

45 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I agree that Sami wasn't the guy to beat Gunther.  That seemed more like a payback for Sami being a good soldier through the Bloodline storyline.  If they give Sami another shot at Gunther for the WHT, I hope they make it a Gunther 2 minute squash match.

This is why I always thought the idea of Gunther pulling double duty at Mania made more sense. I he had his eyes already on the WHC (or possibly alrerady won it) then his IC title loss makes more sense.

But thats not what they wanted to do. I do think they werent planning for the Rub to be that much on Sami, but the guy who then beats Sami (i.e. Taker->Lesnar->). That is harder to pull off, but you can do it. Unfortunately, its been kind of wasted at this point.

Watching the Mr. McMahon Netflix documentary and surprised Vince agreed to talk about some of that stuff. 

4 episodes in.  I'm enjoying it but at times it lacks focus, which makes sense because there is so much to cover with Vince.  I'm not sure how enjoyable it would be for anyone who isn't a wrestling fan though.

EDIT - Finished it and eh.  In many ways it just felt like the 100th retelling of the Monday Night Wars and a History of the WWE doc rather than a Vince doc.  They didn't even touch on the 2010s.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Naw this Vince documentary is wild.

That idea he pitched with Stephanie would have been sick in a bad way

I'm guessing the incest one? Obviously disgusting, but that was known about before the documentary.

I was holding out hope that they would ask him about Randy Savage and why they never reconciled.  When they showed him announcing on Raw Savage leaving and how visibly upset he was, I thought it was going to segue into that.  

On 9/25/2024 at 10:19 PM, iknowcool said:

Watching the Mr. McMahon Netflix documentary and surprised Vince agreed to talk about some of that stuff. 

4 episodes in.  I'm enjoying it but at times it lacks focus, which makes sense because there is so much to cover with Vince.  I'm not sure how enjoyable it would be for anyone who isn't a wrestling fan though.

EDIT - Finished it and eh.  In many ways it just felt like the 100th retelling of the Monday Night Wars and a History of the WWE doc rather than a Vince doc.  They didn't even touch on the 2010s.

I just finished watching it. Entertaining enough and could be interesting to those who are mostly unfamiliar with McMahon and pro wrestling in general. But this was hardly anything I hadn't seen in other documentaries/videos. But I didn't expect much from a Netflix documentary.

I want to see Seth Rollins start a face stable on Raw, sort of a yin to Cody's yang with his Smackdown stable.

Seth and Braun is a good start.  Needs at least two more.  Maybe Kofi if they ever go through with breaking up him and Xavier Woods.  Maybe Otis if they disband the Alpha academy, but Otis is sort of in the same sphere as Braun.  Though absuper heavyweight tag team of Braun and Otis could be interesting.  I think stay away from Jey Uso and Sami Zayn, they're going to get pulled back into the Bloodline stuff here soon.

Actually, I've got it. Turn Karrion Kross face.  If you've seen his outside of WWE interviews, the dude drips charisma and likability, but they keep trying to shoehorn him as a heel because his NXT gimmick worked so well.  Not quite sure how they do it, but let Kross be himself and I think he could get mega over with the crowd.

If you have Seth, Braun, and Kross, go with a smaller guy who can vary the feuds a bit. Ilya Dragunov. Has beef with Gunther (as does Seth), could match up size wise with Dirty Dom if they want to step up to new Judgement Day (They should put Bron Breaker in Judgement Day, he could learn a ton from Balor).

That's the stable I want to see emerge. Seth, Strowman, Kross, and Dragunov. Could get some good storylines with that grouping and could be a vehicle to propel Kross and Dragunov up the card.

Edited by THE DUKE

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

AEW just reupped with WBD and will be streaming on Max starting in 2025.

That's good news for wrestling, wrestlers, and fans. 

Good.  One of AEW's biggest problems has been how inaccessible it is, especially their major shows.  This should help expose them to new fans.  I know for a fact I will be watching more AEW PPVs in 2025 than I did in 2024.

They need to step up their game on Youtube.  WWE uploads full segments and matches all the time, and I'm sure that is super helpful for fans like me who can't watch every show.  You can't even find a full-length AEW Kenny Omega or Bryan Danielson match on YT, among others.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I want to see Seth Rollins start a face stable on Raw, sort of a yin to Cody's yang with his Smackdown stable.

Seth and Braun is a good start.  Needs at least two more.  Maybe Kofi if they ever go through with breaking up him and Xavier Woods.  Maybe Otis if they disband the Alpha academy, but Otis is sort of in the same sphere as Braun.  Though absuper heavyweight tag team of Braun and Otis could be interesting.  I think stay away from Jey Uso and Sami Zayn, they're going to get pulled back into the Bloodline stuff here soon.

Actually, I've got it. Turn Karrion Kross face.  If you've seen his outside of WWE interviews, the dude drips charisma and likability, but they keep trying to shoehorn him as a heel because his NXT gimmick worked so well.  Not quite sure how they do it, but let Kross be himself and I think he could get mega over with the crowd.

If you have Seth, Braun, and Kross, go with a smaller guy who can vary the feuds a bit. Ilya Dragunov. Has beef with Gunther (as does Seth), could match up size wise with Dirty Dom if they want to step up to new Judgement Day (They should put Bron Breaker in Judgement Day, he could learn a ton from Balor).

That's the stable I want to see emerge. Seth, Strowman, Kross, and Dragunov. Could get some good storylines with that grouping and could be a vehicle to propel Kross and Dragunov up the card.

ilya is out til middle of next year i believe.  May need to sub in like a Sheamus or something

Bad blood was really good. That HIAC match was probably the best Ive ever seen live. It felt like an AEW match with the blood the tools that was used and even the legs on the table was used. Very brutal. I knew CM Punk would win.

I was happy to see Jimmy and the Rock make their appearances back. The bloodline story will be taken up a notch as we get to Survivor Series War Games. Also Owens turning heel and attacking Cody finally happened so I like that as well.

Interesting to see Raquel help a heel Liv. Raquel is a face and I just cant see her being a heel but when she got hurt Liv was a face and Rhea was a heel. So things are going to be interesting moving forward. 

Priest and Finn was meh. That couldve been a Raw main event but I understand why they put it on the PLE. 

There has been no better story line in my time watching wrestling than this Bloodline story, Second for me is the Mega powers explode story line but it’s a distant second. Trips and his creative team are putting out stuff that will be talked about in 20-30 years time. We are very lucky!