Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 11/20/2022 at 11:03 AM, StLunatic88 said:

Man, Britt/Saraya really took the air out of that place. It’s great to see her back in, but once again seems like they completely overestimated what kind of draw Saraya’s return match would be. Also, unless they are actually going to use this loss as something (spiral/finding herself) that’s not a great way for Britt to take the L. In the place where W/L are supposed to matter, she just ate a clean pin from someone who hasn’t been in the ring for 5years. 

Saraya had to win. You can debate how smart it was giving away the biggest women's match they have in her first match but there is absolutely no way you can bring her in only to have her job immediately. That'd be like Punk losing his debut Darby. No one cares about how long these people are off, they are stars, and have to be protected as such. Britt isn't damaged, and even if she was, she's more than capable of bouncing back. Much harder to bounce back from a debut loss.

On 11/21/2022 at 3:33 PM, Bullet Club said:

Saraya had to win. You can debate how smart it was giving away the biggest women's match they have in her first match but there is absolutely no way you can bring her in only to have her job immediately. That'd be like Punk losing his debut Darby. No one cares about how long these people are off, they are stars, and have to be protected as such. Britt isn't damaged, and even if she was, she's more than capable of bouncing back. Much harder to bounce back from a debut loss.

I am in complete agreeance that Saraya had to win, I even drew it up like that on my predictions. But in the same breath, Saraya isnt close to the same return that Punk was.

But you have Britt needing to carry the entire match, and then she has to eat a clean pin? There are soooo many more ways to finish that match. A distraction, a botched interference, even Britt being too cocky and getting caught works. No one is expecting Saraya to come in, 5 years removed from ring action, and dominate anyone over a jobber. But thats kinda the story they tried to tell in the back half of that match.

I was thinking a bit, are we really about to get the first ever War Games matches on WWE (proper) without any sighting of Cody Rhodes?

I know a bunch of people have assumed his return is tabbed for the Rumble, and it still might be, but if he really is already back in shape (according to Brandi right?) you really think he is going to keep sitting out an extra 2 months if he doesnt have to?

Im fine with a Rumble return, and I dont have any real pitch of where he would fit in for Saturday Night, but I just have this gnawing feeling that he would want to be there for the first time his fathers creation is on display on the largest stage.

Wouldnt hate him inserting himself in the US Title situation, could elevate that Belt even more so than they already have. Alternatively, if they end up with the Bloodline actually taking the Win in the War Gamers match, and they stand tall inside the cage, Cody could return to stare down Roman, and start this feud right now for the run up to the Rumble.

I love the look Roman gives when he hugs Sami, but Sami can't see Romans face. Roman going to get some acting roles in a couple years. He should do a movie with Jason Momoa. Doesn't have Cena or the Rocks natural charisma, quick wit, or public speaking confidence, but he's getting really good at his facial expressions and vocal tone, plus he looks like a star ever since he got the veneers.

Edited by Jeezla

Bobby should have laid into that spear a little more, but that was a really nice match. Final 5 minutes was high paced, but super clean. I don't know how Seth doesn't blow out his knee when does the Phoenix splash into a standing landing. I knew Trips liked Theory. Every now and then, someone should fail a cash-in.

Edited by Jeezla

On 11/23/2022 at 7:23 AM, StLunatic88 said:

I am in complete agreeance that Saraya had to win, I even drew it up like that on my predictions. But in the same breath, Saraya isnt close to the same return that Punk was.

But you have Britt needing to carry the entire match, and then she has to eat a clean pin? There are soooo many more ways to finish that match. A distraction, a botched interference, even Britt being too cocky and getting caught works. No one is expecting Saraya to come in, 5 years removed from ring action, and dominate anyone over a jobber. But thats kinda the story they tried to tell in the back half of that match.

Honestly though, the way Tony books and seems to be a fan of alignment-changes for the sake of alignment-changes, Saraya's going to end up with a heel turn before too long just so that they can accommodate Britt as a face - which definitely can work, but she's going to need a nastier heel than they built up JH to be in order to truly get Britt some sympathy heat - otherwise I worry she's going to end up playing a babyface character like a cheap Becky Lynch/Sasha knockoff - and character-wise, she's better than that.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Bobby should have laid into that spear a little more, but that was a really nice match. Final 5 minutes was high paced, but super clean. I don't know how Seth doesn't blow out his knee when does the Phoenix splash into a standing landing. I knew Trips liked Theory. Every now and then, someone should fail a cash-in.

Against a more substantial (size and girth wise) opponent, he probably would have.  But I think people underestimate the kind of weight Bobby can put being a spear when he lays into them.  And when Seth is basically blind to what's coming and the timing of the impact and already has Theory's weight held up (and it's not like Theory is Rey or Ricochet in terms of weight), simple physics makes it pretty damn hard for him to eat a laid-in spear and not drop Austin either right on his head or wrench his neck, because he really can't tell the timing of when to "just let go" in time with the impact.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

The bad guys win, but it's still a happy ending. Sami Uso.

I mean, it was fairly obvious that "Historian of the Sport" Hunter was going to pay homage to certain notable War Games matches of the past.  This was a modified rendition of Fall Brawl '96: War Games... and it worked.  Nobody comes out of the match looking weak (which is what you want from a WG match) and it sets the table for multiple branches of the storyline moving forward.