2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, amac said:

Wow. Lot of bonkers contracts. Just no sense in that one whatsoever

I’ll explain. Keep in mind I did not want Barnes at all. 

The kings cant sign FAs. It’s the curse of being the ugly step sibling in CA. We don’t get a Bay Area or LA discount. So we have to shovel out big contracts to guys like Barnes. Barnes should probably get 16M a year but instead he is getting 21M a year with us. He did a real good job in his role last year and shot his second best eFG% of his career (SSS). He plays a key role on the team now and as long as he doesn’t go ISO chuck mode then I can live with this. His contract is decreasing each year as well. 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Ummm Sacramento, Dallas already tried the whole give Harrison Barnes a big contract...

Slightly different. He isn’t being paid to be the guy. He did well in his role last year. Not worth 21M tho. At least it’s decreasing each year.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Ummm Sacramento, Dallas already tried the whole give Harrison Barnes a big contract...

Then they tried shoehorning him as a main option. He was far more productive and fit well once he came to Sacramento once he settled into taking a backseat to Fox/Buddy/Bagley. It's an overpay, but the Kings cap space is useless when it comes to any quality FA. They still should have waited and let the market set his price a bit before throwing him a deal, but the reality is they weren't gonna do much better.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That'll be sad... I want to see him win a title.

He's certainly a likeable guy to anyone who isn't a Bucks fan too, but we had the perfect opportunity cap wise to give him an entirely free slate and let him chase and recruit whatever max player he wanted next to him for the future and he just wanted Middleton and Bledsoe back unfortunately, so here we are.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kawhi really is ending with the Lakers huh? The fact these dudes are signing left and right without even meeting with the Lakers means they are confident they get Kawhi. 

Or it means the Lakers are about to strike out on everyone

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kawhi really is ending with the Lakers huh? The fact these dudes are signing left and right without even meeting with the Lakers means they are confident they get Kawhi. 

Or that Jeanie Buss and Rob P are the worst front office in the league like we've seen for years. 

Archived