2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

42 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Better than Lamb? I like Aiyuk but not that much

I see Lamb as more of an Upper Tier WR2 that won’t get great separation against the top corners in the league. Still going to be a solid receiver though. I’d more than welcome him here and love his physical style.

Edited by BayRaider

I'll keep a eye on K'Lavon Chaisson at combine. he could be at play, and could help the defense alot at 19. 

I think we go WR at 12 and best defender at  19. other guys at 19 who haven't been talked about much

• K'Lavon Chaisson
  • Grant Delpit
  • Ross Blacklock
  • Xavier McKinney

I feel we always talk about Murray and Queen at 19, like both those guys too. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

we should come away with two wideouts this year and it will take our offense to the next level! I feel like Mayock knew this draft was loaded in WR prior to 2019 draft 

My personal dream, understanding that some of the stud WRs are off the board by 19 would be

Simmons at 12

Ayiuk at 19

Pittman with one of the 3rds

Truthfully though, I really wouldn't mind trading down and seeing about nabbing a 2nd rounder or so. There's a ton of talent in the 2nd that would likely be 1st rounders in many year, particularly at areas of need for us. Depending on who's available at 12, I'd take 2 2nds for it and not feel bad about it at all. 

30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

we should come away with two wideouts this year and it will take our offense to the next level! I feel like Mayock knew this draft was loaded in WR prior to 2019 draft 

Ummmm no Mayock thought he traded for the best WR in football and signed the best free agent available. That's why he didn't look at WR until the 5th round. And nailed that pick thinking he completed out WR corps for the next 5 years.

We are 1 player away from being the best offense in football with Derek Carr under center.

• Like 1

Im all in on a FA WR like Robby Anderson or AJ Green and seeing who's there in the 2nd and trading up or waiting til pick 80 and drafting Simmons and Queen in first. 

I salivate thinking about the speed and talent we would have at LB if that happened. Would completely change this defense. 

9 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Ummmm no Mayock thought he traded for the best WR in football and signed the best free agent available. That's why he didn't look at WR until the 5th round. And nailed that pick thinking he completed out WR corps for the next 5 years.

We are 1 player away from being the best offense in football with Derek Carr under center.

I agree till a certain point no way is he competing with Mahomes when 90% of his passes are at the LOS

well there goes denzel mims being available in the 3rd dammit! no way he makes it outta the 2nd, and with a 4.38 with his size and hands.....maybe early 2nd now. jeffersons 40 prolly made him some dough too. all the more reason to go with kinlaw if simmons isn't available, or by some miracle brown is available him as well.

Edited by Devilshark69
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

well there goes denzel mims being available in the 3rd dammit! no way he makes it outta the 2nd, and with a 4.38 with his size and hands.....maybe early 2nd now. jeffersons 40 prolly made him some dough too. all the more reason to go with kinlaw if simmons isn't available, or by some miracle brown is available him as well.

Mims and lamb would of been crazy. 

Never know. Could trade back into 2nd

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I see Lamb as more of an Upper Tier WR2 that won’t get great separation against the top corners in the league. Still going to be a solid receiver though. I’d more than welcome him here and love his physical style.

Dude that's your he ain't fast enough narrative talking. E.G. Hunter Renfrow.