Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

On 9/13/2019 at 12:58 PM, showtime said:

I will be shocked if the mini-map is not in the game at release.  So many people are crying about it and devs usually cave when there's a huge uproar about something.  It's truly a shame.

I hope they stick to their guns and don't add it. Just tell the scrublords to "git gud". Adapt or die. 

Generation Snowflake hates it.

• Like 1

This game definitely has the potential to feel like the best cod in years, and be the best one ever. The gun play is awesome.  I am really excited for Spec Ops, and if there's a BR mode like rumoured, this game will last a long time. 

I think the perks could use some balancing, the mini-map just needs to be in there with all the noises going on. I understand going for realism, but it's not that enjoyable when you can't tell if it's teammates or enemies running around you. I agree with the suggestion of minimap with no red dots, and keep the compass with red dots on it for direction. The minimap was never about the red dots, it was for map positioning and knowing where teammates are. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Beta opened up to us plebs today, can't wait to try it tonight. 

I'm downloading it on my Xbox as we speak.  Will be done by the time I get home from work.  I completely forgot about this.  Luckily I saw some article about it on my phone as I was trying to kill time before I left my house this morning.  I pre-ordered the game on Xbox to get in today and try it out.  Xbox is great in the fact that you can pre order stuff on there and then cancel it as long as you do it 7-10 days before the game is schedule to release.  So I'll be canceling the pre-order sometime tomorrow or Saturday.

This game is pretty fun so far, definitely way different than any COD in a while.  It takes a bit to get used to the movement, it definitely feels stiff compared to the other games, but I don't think it's a bad thing.  

Biggest complaint from me so far is killstreaks instead of scorestreaks.  I can't stand not being rewarded for capturing objectives. 

3 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I thought I read somewhere that this year all content was coming out the same time across the board...I'll see if I can dig that up. 

They announced the maps would be coming out at the same time, but who knows about other stuff. 

It was confirmed that Sony got some sort of exclusivity deal - maybe it was just for beta access, but I doubt it.