Eagles Extend Carson Wentz

chiefs82

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

The rest of the NFL better prey to whatever god that he stays hurt. A healthy Wentz and a loaded offense is coming in mere months. 

Nah. I want Wentz healthy. Eagles playing well are fun to watch. That said, we shall see how it all clicks. Their roster is fun though.

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

The rest of the NFL better prey to whatever god that he stays hurt. A healthy Wentz and a loaded offense is coming in mere months. 

I am not a Eagles fan as you can see. But i wish he comes back soon full health and i hope he stays healthy. I have no doubt he is the guy to lead the franchise, he as shown it multiple times. He just needs to stay healthy ! That is what i am concerned about. Didn't read through this thread so i do not know any details about the contract, i sure hope the Eagles have some sort of insurance in case he goes down again.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok homie. Here are the stats again. Last 11 games each player played:

Dak 3061 yards

Wentz 3167 yards

Dak 70% completion on a 7.74 YPA (7.94 ANY/A)

Wentz 69.6% comp on a 7.7 YPA (7.9 ANY/A)

Dak 101 QB rating

Wentz 102 QB rating

Dak and Wentz both 22 total TDs

Dak 11 total INT/Fumbles

Wentz 16 total INT/Fumbles

Would you agree they are pretty much the same? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First 24 games:

Dak 5819 yards -  474/718 - 66% comp - 49 TDs - 8 INTS  - 109 QB Rating <=== not perfect, includes run totals

Wentz 6037 yards -  540/871 - 62% comp - 37 TDs - 19 INTs - 88 QB Rating. <=== not perfect, includes run totals

So again. Dak>>> Wentz their first 24 games. 

@Danger where did you go? I thought we were debating. 

42 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Rival posters are happy?

Carson about to unleash hell on you fools for a decade. And with Howie pulling the strings financially, it’ll be a sustained *** whooping. 

For a decade, playing 50% of the games and never in the playoffs. So thats like what, an 8-8 record? 

More details on the #Eagles extension for QB Carson Wentz: On the 4-year, $128M extension, he gets $66M fully guaranteed at signing, source said. $107.9M in total guarantees. Just under Russell Wilson’s $70M fully guaranteed. Not bad. - Rap

2 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

It’s not bad since the contract doesn’t start for two years and by that time this contract will be looking GREAT. Wait for the new Sunday ticket deal

My thoughts exactly. The eagles are trying to stay ahead of the market and wentz will take his 100 million guaranteed lol 

Everytime a franchise QB signs a deal everyone is like OMG that's too much! Wtf are they doing?? Then two years later it drops down from the highest paid to top 10/top 15

I will say that wentz has a lot of work to do to become an elite QB. The main reason the team looked so much better with foles was because foles saw the whole field and found the open man. Wentz only looked for ertz and forcefed him the ball. He needs to get comfortable again and distribute the ball to everyone. 

The eagles have an elite OL and an elite play caller. Wentz certainly benefits from that, but some of the off script plays he made two years ago show that he isn't just a system QB. He's not a top 5 QB right now, or even close imo 

I’m excited to see Wentz play this year. He’ll benefit a ton from being able to participate in all of the off-season activities and camps (as opposed to last year).

Praying he stays healthy. The knee (which was a fluke hit/injury) was a two year recovery, and I think he rushed back last year and hurt his back not playing 100%. Whatever it is, I hope he stays healthy, dominates, makes the post-season, and proves the haters wrong. 

And enough of this “the Eagles let the wrong QB walk” and “the Eagles play better with Foles” crap. I love Foles and will forever be grateful for 2017 (wishing him the best in Jax). But Wentz is infinitely more talented and has the brighter future.

Plus Foles has never played a full season either lol. Missed games in 2013 and half of 2014. You don’t let players as talented as Carson Wentz walk. 

• Like 1