What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

42 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

flavour doesn't matter because you'll burn your taste buds on them anyway

The trick is to cook each one for about a minute and 35 seconds; it varies depending on your microwave.  Most people make the mistake of cooking them for two minutes and it causes it to ooze out of the side.  In addition, people also make the critical mistake of cooking two at the same time.  Wrong move.  Cooking two at the same time causes you to raise the amount of time they're are in the microwave.  I've tested this over and over again and there's just no way to perfectly cook two hot pockets at the same time.  You're supposed to cook one, then while you're eating it you cook the other one.

I will say, I did recently get a new microwave and this has somewhat thrown my testing results out of whack.  It's like I have to start from scratch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The trick is to cook each one for about a minute and 35 seconds; it varies depending on your microwave.  Most people make the mistake of cooking them for two minutes and it causes it to ooze out of the side.  In addition, people also make the critical mistake of cooking two at the same time.  Wrong move.  Cooking two at the same time causes you to raise the amount of time they're are in the microwave.  I've tested this over and over again and there's just no way to perfectly cook two hot pockets at the same time.  You're supposed to cook one, then while you're eating it you cook the other one.

I will say, I did recently get a new microwave and this has somewhat thrown my testing results out of whack.  It's like I have to start from scratch.

It can never be doubted that @showtime knows the logistics of Hot Pockets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, showtime said:

agree.

the worst is when the hot pocket is hot at the ends, and cold in the middle.

when that happened, it was when i foolishly flew too close to the sun to cook 2 at once

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Hot pockets are gross.  And I love most trash food.

Also, pop tarts.  Even as a kid, those things were nasty.

Agreed on hot pockets.  I'm not a real picky eater and can eat lots of food that other people condemn.  But hot pockets are gross, mainly because the texture is nasty.  Slimy grossness.  

Pop tarts(frosted) on the other hand are delicious.  You will just have to accept that you're wrong there.

I'm not gonna let hot pockets distract us from how ****ed up it is that someone still uses dinner as lunch and supper as dinner. Society has left this guy behind and we either need to bring him back into the last 50 years, or make fun of him mercilessly and tell him a vasectomy is a procedure to make you bigger downstairs.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, theJ said:

Agreed on hot pockets.  I'm not a real picky eater and can eat lots of food that other people condemn.  But hot pockets are gross, mainly because the texture is nasty.  Slimy grossness.  

Pop tarts(frosted) on the other hand are delicious.  You will just have to accept that you're wrong there.

Hot pockets are at least edible.  Way too salty, and usually they didn't do my digestive system any favors last time I had one, but pop tarts are actual garbage.  It's like if you just took raw flour and shaped it into a rectangle, with only chemical binders that bind, but provide no flavor, you'd have pop tart pastry.

The frosting is just like store bought birthday cake frosting, except hard, and the jam is just like low quality fruit jam.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Hot pockets are at least edible.  Way too salty, and usually they didn't do my digestive system any favors last time I had one, but pop tarts are actual garbage.  It's like if you just took raw flour and shaped it into a rectangle, with only chemical binders that bind, but provide no flavor, you'd have pop tart pastry.

The frosting is just like store bought birthday cake frosting, except hard, and the jam is just like low quality fruit jam.

And with their powers combined, they create CAPTAIN FLAVOR.  I think they're amazing, and i won't apologize for it.

I mean, i know they're garbage food.  I eat them, and i'm hungry 5 minutes later.  But for those 2 minutes i'm cramming them into my face, i'm happy.

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm not gonna let hot pockets distract us from how ****ed up it is that someone still uses dinner as lunch and supper as dinner. Society has left this guy behind and we either need to bring him back into the last 50 years, or make fun of him mercilessly and tell him a vasectomy is a procedure to make you bigger downstairs.

I appreciate your commitment.

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I’ve had a vasectomy. Can confirm. Swelling is real. 

• Like 2