Mike Daniels released

Leader

If I had to put money on It I would guess he goes to the Colts with KC as a wild card. I don't see Mike fitting in on a Cleveland team that is full of young kids that wouldn't mesh with Mike's old school personality.

Wish him nothing but the best though. I always enjoyed watching him play in the Green and Gold.

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

So after listening to some of the sports shows out there I guess it turns out that if you cut a player while they are still injured you owe them all the money left on the contract. So the thought is that Green Bay had to wait until Mike passed his physical to cut him, and they did their physicals yesterday. While this still is kind of lame, it does make sense as to why this move happened so late into the offseason. Also, people think he will end up in Cleveland. Just anywhere but the NFC north please. Tired of that scenario. 

Yes, this is well known and PackerRaymond posted about it a few pages back.
There is nothing lame about it, its agreed upon by the League and the NFLPA as part of the CBA negotiations. There is no aggrieved party here
Mike gets to be a FA and the Packers get the cap relief. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Yes, this is well known and PackerRaymond posted about it a few pages back.
There is nothing lame about it, its agreed upon by the League and the NFLPA as part of the CBA negotiations. There is no aggrieved party here
Mike gets to be a FA and the Packers get the cap relief. 

You're allowed your opinion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

You're allowed your opinion.

It's not in place for Mike Daniels, it's in place for the Greg Robert's of the world. Oh one of my UDFA's got hurt? I'll just cut him and sign a new one. Now if we tried that at least he could fight for up to his full years salary. If they can't agree on a settlement, he can't be cut until he's healthy and he'd get a weekly paycheck until then.

It's not a lame rule when you understand its purpose.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's not in place for Mike Daniels, it's in place for the Greg Robert's of the world. Oh one of my UDFA's got hurt? I'll just cut him and sign a new one. Now if we tried that at least he could fight for up to his full years salary. If they can't agree on a settlement, he can't be cut until he's healthy and he'd get a weekly paycheck until then.

I dont think the rule is bad by any means, nor did I say anything along those lines. That being said as the human side of it, with a player who by most opinions was a fan favorite. A guy important to the community and team. A good teammate, and man, it is kind of lame the way it ends. I am not blasting the Packers, the rules, or anything like that. Hence using a word like "lame" instead of just saying it's a bunch of bull****. I don't think it is, but it does kind of suck when you literally have Daniels telling the media he will be good to go yesterday. Like I said in a earlier post, it's the business, and I'm sure they all understand it, and have seen other people go through it. Still, it's not the way you like to see a pro bowl player leave a team. That's my opinion on the way it ends. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

If I had to put money on It I would guess he goes to the Colts with KC as a wild card. I don't see Mike fitting in on a Cleveland team that is full of young kids that wouldn't mesh with Mike's old school personality.

Wish him nothing but the best though. I always enjoyed watching him play in the Green and Gold.

Daniels playing in CLE with Damarius Randall would be fun

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Players who can play 3-Tech for the 2019 Packers

Daniels Clark, Adams, ZSmith, RGary, Lowry, Lancaster, Keke

Clark: Should be playing 1-Tech

Adams: Should be playing 1-Tech if he can prove to be a starting caliber guy.

ZSmith: Only in the pressure package

RGary: Only in the pressure package.

Lowry: I guess, downgrade. More obvious player at the 5-Tech

Lancaster: Should be a 1-Tech if he can prove to be a starting caliber guy.

Keke: Shouldn't be a starter as a rookie.

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The one I laughed about was former bears personnel guy Greg Gabriel ripping on the Packers for the late release
Of all the people who should know these rules, you'd think he would be one of them.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Tretter, Burnett and Whitehead too

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's a lot of 1-techs for one defense.
Maybe one of them could slide over ?

EDITED to add that I just listened to Gute's presser and he mentioned it will be a rotation<
He included Lancaster, Adams, Gary and surprisingly Fadol Brown

Edited by Shanedorf

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:
10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Tretter, Burnett and Whitehead too

With Daniels being a likely veteran that would have been critical of Randall before he was traded to CLE, a Daniels signing with CLE would be interesting and fun to see how that plays out.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hey AG, would you mind going over what kind of skillset/player we’re looking for at each of the DL positions on this defense?