2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

How about this for a WR option.  

LAR sends Robert Woods

GB sends Josh Jackson + 2020 3rd round pick.  

Contract info below for Woods.  Not sure why the cap implications titles are not showing up in dark text font.  If you highlight over it you can see the titles.  

LAR saves $7M for 2019 and eats 2.3M in 2020.  WOuld help to free up some $$ for them to sign Ramsey.  They have Kupp, Cooks and Josh Reynolds to run the 3 WR sets.  

PPost June 1st trade  2019 Dead Cap: $1,177,5042020 Dead Cap: $2,355,0112019 Cap Savings: $7,000,000

YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY ROSTER RESTRUCTURE MISC. CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2017 Contract details by year 25 $3,000,000 $4,000,000 - - $7,000,000 $10,000,000 $7,000,000($7,000,000)  
2018 Contract details by year 26 $790,000 $3,200,019 $1,177,504 $300,000 $5,467,523 $8,700,038 $9,000,038($16,000,038)  
2019 Contract details by year 27 $6,000,000 $500,000 $1,177,504 $500,000 $8,177,504 $3,532,515 $6,500,000($22,500,038)  
PRE-6/1 RELEASE2019 Dead Cap: $3,532,5152019 Cap Savings: $4,644,989 PRE-6/1 TRADE2019 Dead Cap: $3,532,5152019 Cap Savings: $4,644,989 POST-6/1 RELEASE2019 Dead Cap: $1,177,5042020 Dead Cap: $2,355,0112019 Cap Savings: $7,000,000 POST-6/1 TRADE2019 Dead Cap: $1,177,5042020 Dead Cap: $2,355,0112019 Cap Savings: $7,000,000
2020 Contract details by year 28 $5,500,000 $2,500,000 $1,177,504 - $9,177,504 $4,355,011 $8,000,000($30,500,038)  
2021 Contract details by year 29 $7,500,000 $500,000 $1,177,507 - $9,177,507 $1,177,507 $8,000,000($38,500,038)  
2022 Free Agent Year 30 UFA  

The Rams just went all in this year going to get Ramsey. Why do you think they'd make a trade for one of their top WRs? I do think Josh Jackson could be on the block though. He's behind Sullivan on the depth chart now too. That does not bode well for him. 

Edited by Golfman

Chewie was on the radio this morning begging the Packers to give up a mid-round pick for AJ Green.

This season really does feel a lot like a baseball season where a team finds itself unexpectedly looking at a great record and post-season play that won't go anywhere without another arm in the rotation. We neeed another receiver that isn't a #4 pressed into service if we have aspirations of winning in the post-season. Giving up a third rounder isn't mortgaging our future for crying out loud.

55 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Just because he’s 20, doesn’t mean you can expect best case scenario either. We’ve seen before where on a long term injury, the med staff holds players back until they are 100% healthy (Rodgers in 2012 was held out an extra 4-5 weeks, Adams if he wanted to play could have probably gone against Dallas because turf toe can be a week to week injury). It wasn’t just a tweak.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/pain/recovering_from_an_ankle_sprain

Grade 3-  tear of ligaments...inability to walk/bear weight.... recovery time- several months. (Then throw on practice time to get worked back in)...based off research  6 weeks seems pretty optimistic.

As far as ESB potentially getting cut, go back to posts made week 2-3 of the preseason. There was buzz. He was getting outplayed by the guys we are complaining about now

Rodgers played every game in 2012. Rodgers missed 7 games in 2013 with a fractured collar bone if that's what you're referring to? If you think a collar bone is a 2-3 week injury, you're mentally deficient.

What world are you living in that turf toe is a 1 week injury? It's typically 4 to 6 weeks. From what we've heard, Adams case isn't severe, but he's not gonna be back in 1 damn week. Seriously?

Do we even know it was a grade 3 high ankle sprain? Six weeks wasn't a number I made up, six weeks was the time frame given in the stories printed about his injury.

Stupid posters posting about stupid things isn't anything worth concerning oneself with in the present, much less 3 months ago. He wasn't going to get cut. He wasn't close.

When did this board develop EQ haters with bad takes? 

Haven't we reached an age now where the "well maybe this is one of those 1-2% of the times where Schefter and Rap are wrong!" can die? EQ has a high ankle sprain and is probably close to being ready to go if he could.

IR-ing EQ was really freaking dumb, especially when the guy we kept in James Crawford got cut less than a week later because he wasn't good. There's no question he's a hell of a lot better than Shep and Kumerow and with the way MVS and Allison are playing he might be our #2 WR.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The Rams just went all in this year going to get Ramsey. Why do you think they'd make a trade for one of their top WRs? I do think Josh Jackson could be on the block though. He's behind Sullivan on the depth chart now too. That does not bode well for him. 

They need to pay Ramsey.  This clears some cap space for them.  They have enough WR to be able to survive.  They also seem foolish enough by just sending 2 first round picks for Ramsey while also sending another CB to the Ravens.  

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

Chewie was on the radio this morning begging the Packers to give up a mid-round pick for AJ Green.

This season really does feel a lot like a baseball season where a team finds itself unexpectedly looking at a great record and post-season play that won't go anywhere without another arm in the rotation. We neeed another receiver that isn't a #4 pressed into service if we have aspirations of winning in the post-season. Giving up a third rounder isn't mortgaging our future for crying out loud.

Cincinnati wouldn't trade him for anything short of a gold rush, and AJ Green stupidly wants to remain in Cincinnati.  Time to move on...

18 hours ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Picking Sternberger over McLaurin in the 3rd is a tough pill to swallow. I know it easy to say now in hindsight, but it doesn't make it any less painful.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There were a couple of us who really liked McLaurin.

While I'd love to have McLarin, shouldn't we uhhh wait until Sternberger plays and NFL down before saying it's a tough pill to swallow?

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While I'd love to have McLarin, shouldn't we uhhh wait until Sternberger plays and NFL down before saying it's a tough pill to swallow?

In my opinion when Sternberger was drafted, the Packers expected very little from him this year. They didn't draft him to provide an immediate impact and are hoping with a year in the strength and conditioning program, that he will be ready to make an impact next year. My comment has little to do with Sternberger, and more about the instant and future impact Mclaurin would have made to this offense.

8 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

What pass catchers could potentially be available to trade?

AJ Green

Tyler Eifert

Mohammad Sanu

Austin Hooper

Emmanuel Sanders

OJ Howard

Cameron Brate

Delanie Walker

...anyone else?

Corey Davis, they drafted A.J. Brown and signed Humphries and are a run 1st offense and he has familiarity in MLF's system while also still being under Packers control for the next year with a 5th-year option available.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

In my opinion when Sternberger was drafted, the Packers expected very little from him this year. They didn't draft him to provide an immediate impact and are hoping with a year in the strength and conditioning program, that he will be ready to make an impact next year. My comment has little to do with Sternberger, and more about the instant and future impact Mclaurin would have made to this offense.

Fair to an extent. However, the wrong position to really take that into account for. It's very rare that a TE comes in and makes an immediate impact in year one and being proactive before you lose say Lewis / Graham is the right call as opposed to being a year too late. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers played every game in 2012. Rodgers missed 7 games in 2013 with a fractured collar bone if that's what you're referring to? If you think a collar bone is a 2-3 week injury, you're mentally deficient.

What world are you living in that turf toe is a 1 week injury? It's typically 4 to 6 weeks. From what we've heard, Adams case isn't severe, but he's not gonna be back in 1 damn week. Seriously?

Do we even know it was a grade 3 high ankle sprain? Six weeks wasn't a number I made up, six weeks was the time frame given in the stories printed about his injury.

Stupid posters posting about stupid things isn't anything worth concerning oneself with in the present, much less 3 months ago. He wasn't going to get cut. He wasn't close.

Rodgers- Collar bone fractures are 4-8 week injuries.

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/broken_collarbone/article_em.htm

AR was getting comeback buzz after his third start missed 4 weeks after injury.... (and he missed 7). What do you know, a 28 year old guy took the worst case scenario amount of time (which is the point I argued)

Adams- Julio Jones has played with a low grade turf toe injury. Adams if we wanted to rush back probably could have played,  but hasn’t.

The point is, the 6 week timeline was given by people with no idea how bad it was. I’m arguing that that timeline was optimistic and could have easily been 12+.

Also, you can name call if you want ESB was getting cut buzz. He was outplayed but scrubs.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Fair to an extent. However, the wrong position to really take that into account for. It's very rare that a TE comes in and makes an immediate impact in year one and being proactive before you lose say Lewis / Graham is the right call as opposed to being a year too late. 

I understand and completely agree with you. I am just not sure it was necessary at that point. The TE position was still fairly deep at that point in the draft.  I also think we already have the future TE on the roster with Tonyan. As I said in my original post I know this is all easy to say in hindsight. If the Packers believed at the time McLaurin would be producing at the rate he is, I am sure they would have made a different decision.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Corey Davis, they drafted A.J. Brown and signed Humphries and are a run 1st offense and he has familiarity in MLF's system while also still being under Packers control for the next year with a 5th-year option available.

Is there any indication they are actually interested in trading him?