Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

I’ll do Matts a favor on this one and handle... while it is true that Dak lucked out by not throwing an additional 16 picks, this is clearing on the coaching staff.  After all the coach allowed Dak to throw those 16 times.  Now that the coach is gone, we should just go ahead and pay Dak whatever he is asking for.

3 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

I love empty calories....

How many Wins Above Replacement was that 70.1% worth?

I don't know. Just letting you know you're owning yourself by taking the work of Cian Fahey, who's referred to Dak as Top 5 QB since 2017 (which I found insane), at face value

Edited by matt79511

12 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I’ll do Matts a favor on this one and handle... while it is true that Dak lucked out by not throwing an additional 16 picks, this is clearing on the coaching staff.  After all the coach allowed Dak to throw those 16 times.  Now that the coach is gone, we should just go ahead and pay Dak whatever he is asking for.

Thats a bad joke and you should feel bad. 

Plus I am not the one blaming the failures of the rest of the team on the coaches; but all the losses on the Dak. 

6 minutes ago, matt79511 said:
9 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

I love empty calories....

How many Wins Above Replacement was that 70.1% worth?

I don't know. Just letting you know you're owning yourself by taking the work of Cian Fahey, who's referred to Dak as Top 5 QB since 2017 (which I found insane), at face value

I got this. Dak was *3rd* in the NFL in WAR for 2019. Without Dak we should have won 5-6 games.

Leaders in PFF WAR (2019)
Player Team PFF WAR
Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks 4.08
Patrick Mahomes Kansas City Chiefs 2.96
Dak Prescott Dallas Cowboys 2.40
Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers 2.38

This isnt in graph form, so he should be able to understand.

Edited by Matts4313

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I got this. Dak was *3rd* in the NFL in WAR for 2019. Without Dak we should have won 5-6 games.

Oh good... PFF

Which of the wins against losing teams would a replacement level QB not have been able to get us?

Giants 35-17?

Redskins 31-21?

Dolphins 31-6?

Eagles 37-10?

Giants 37-18?

Lions 35-27?

Rams 44-21?

Redskins 47-21?

Which 2.4 Wins did Dak get us beyond a replacement QB?

No chance this replacement QB gets us more than 200 yards and 10 points against the Pats and Saints?

Replacement QB doesn't maybe get it done against the Jets? Maybe does better than 27-49 against the Bears?

Which 2.4  wins go the other way without Dak there Matts?

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This isnt in graph form, so he should be able to understand.

You know by now that doesn't matter to these types

I'll say this- I was kind of in on the anti-Dak narratives for the last six weeks of last year into the early stages of the offseason. Six of eight wins against teams picking in the top five. 1 passing TD in our 5 road losses. Those are facts. Certainly not all of the facts, but that is all true.

However- objective, tape-based studies measuring the difficulty of his throws in this offense compared to those of most QBs in theirs swayed me a fair bit. And even more than, this rhetoric on him from bored mother****ers all throughout the lockdown has pushed me all the way. It is incredibly obvious people want him to fail and would still find a way to discredit him if he wins three straight Super Bowls. There's nothing else to say, the virulent hate for him well exceeds that of Romo, without nearly the same amount of bed-****tings into his 30's to validate it, and there is honestly only one real explanation for it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

You know by now that doesn't matter to these types

I'll say this- I was kind of in on the anti-Dak narratives for the last six weeks of last year into the early stages of the offseason. Six of eight wins against teams picking in the top five. 1 passing TD in our 5 road losses. Those are facts. Certainly not all of the facts, but that is all true.

However- objective, tape-based studies measuring the difficulty of his throws in this offense compared to those of most QBs in theirs swayed me a fair bit. And even more than, this rhetoric on him from bored mother****ers all throughout the lockdown has pushed me all the way. It is incredibly obvious people want him to fail and would still find a way to discredit him if he wins three straight Super Bowls. There's nothing else to say, the virulent hate for him well exceeds that of Romo, without nearly the same amount of bed-****tings into his 30's to validate it, and there is honestly only one real explanation for it.

I+was+gonna+post+a+b8+gif+but+then+i+_4e

Qb debates and this teams fan base are as dumb as putting your tomato plant next to the TV and saying it's just as good as sunlight.

Absolutely dumbfounded by half of what I read in this thread. 

Throw a pick, he should be cut, jerry is an idiot for drafting him. Throw a TD, he belongs in the HoF. All or nothing bandwagon hoppers. Yawn.

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

With a solid starter I doubt we would have won that many given that JG was coaching. 

But I would not have mind one bit. So instead of Ceedee Lamb we might have been in the running for Chase Young. I'd be game, would you be game? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Oh good... PFF

Which of the wins against losing teams would a replacement level QB not have been able to get us?

Giants 35-17?

Redskins 31-21?

Dolphins 31-6?

Eagles 37-10?

Giants 37-18?

Lions 35-27?

Rams 44-21?

Redskins 47-21?

No chance this replacement QB gets us more than 200 yards and 10 points against the Pats and Saints?

Replacement QB doesn't maybe get it done against the Jets? Maybe does better than 27-49 against the Bears?

You mean he only won against bad teams?? But but but hes been improving every season!! And people think Dalton couldnt get the Cowboys to 8-8? Pick your poison is what it seems like. 

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:
14 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Oh good... PFF

Giants 35-17?

Redskins 31-21?

Dolphins 31-6?

Eagles 37-10?

Giants 37-18?

Lions 35-27?

Rams 44-21?

Redskins 47-21?

You mean he only won against bad teams?? But but but hes been improving every season!! And people think Dalton couldnt get the Cowboys to 8-8? Pick your poison is what it seems like. 

Dont listen to TheTroll316 and his never ending line of BS. Since entering the NFL there are only 2 QBs who have done better against winning teams. Wilson and Brady.

Read that again.

Over the past 4 years Dak has the 3rd most most wins against teams with a winning record. Something the trolls will never admit because they want to focus on 2019 only.

• Like 1