Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

You and Calvert need to have an argument. Because I said "Brady got the biggest contract in history" (he did) even though he never played a single season as the top paid QB and that was a huge debate.

Same thing likely would happen with Dak. 

Of course!  That explains why he’s not signing franchise tag and threatening to hold out offseason.  Now I get... Dak is currently turning down the highest paid contract in nfl history so he can immediately renegotiate that contract to be paid less!!!  Yes, makes so much sense now.

Edited by The_Slamman
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

WTH are you talking about?  We’ve already shown you the articles.  What is it about you don’t understand?

The market for top 10 QBs is $30m+ /yr. #9 is at $29.5m. 6 QBs at $33m/yr or more. That is what the market is for top 10 QBs. Will it be #1? Yeah, probably, for a few months. Then it will drop to #4 after Mahomes/Watson/Jackson.

What do you not understand? 

8 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Of course!  That explains why he’s not signing franchise tag and threatening to hold out offseason.  Now I get... Dak is currently turning down the highest paid contract in nfl history so he can immediately renegotiate that contract to be paid less!!!  Yes, makes so much sense now.

Not exactly what happened and not the point of what I said. Again, just last year:

Wentz signed the #1 deal

Than Goff signed the #1 deal

Than Rodgers signed the #1 deal

Than Wilson signed the #1 deal

We had 4 QBs all hold "the top paid QB" title. For like a minute each. The reality is thats just the market for top 10 QBs. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

There's only 2 numbers I see when I look at Dak and his wanting to be the highest paid QB.

(1-2) <-----Feel free to figure out what they mean.

Given the situation he would put us in with that 4 year deal. He's just not worth it and the Jones's know this. 

Edited by Calvert28

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

#busdriver

Explain this to me. Are the 15 games “good games” from Dak? 

Has played 64 games not including playoffs in his career. I’m not his biggest fan but seems he had more than just 15 good games. 

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Explain this to me. Are the 15 games “good games” from Dak? 

Has played 64 games not including playoffs in his career. I’m not his biggest fan but seems he had more than just 15 good games. 

There have been 15 games where his contribution is equivalent to what you would want from the other 52 players - - COMBINED. Meaning, 15 out of this world games. 

Games start 50/50

+50 from Dak

means its now 100/0 that we win

All we need is the rest of the team not to fudge it up 

Edited by Matts4313

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@Matts4313 first off, we are in a different era of passing yards. Every year we are setting records for passing yards.

Second, Dak came into a scenario that most QBs dont. We were a 12-4 team that was able to secure a top 5 pick because Tony got hurt.

That 2016 team was built to win. Dak came into a great situation.

• Like 1

I have gone back and forth on this the TV deal thing with the idea he wants a second contract make sense.   
right now I would offer 4 yrs 33/35 a year 80 guaranteed that would not break the bank and let Dak feel like he has a chance for a second deal

either way they need to sign him before Watson or Jackson because Dak is gonna want and deserves  the same salary as these two