Andrew Luck Dealing With Ankle Injury; Status Not Clear For Week 1

TitanLegend

It sucks that injuries will likely rob us of one of the most entertaining QBs of the decade.  Dude went from being one of the most overhyped players in any sport to, in a way, one of the most underappreciated.  I love watching him play.   I hope this doesn't turn out to be serious.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

It sucks that injuries will likely rob us of one of the most entertaining QBs of the decade.  Dude went from being one of the most overhyped players in any sport to, in a way, one of the most underappreciated.  I love watching him play.   I hope this doesn't turn out to be serious.

Rarely do you have a college qb who is marked as a no miss IT qb and then shows that in the pros.  But alas, he clearly can't stay healthy.  Rather than talking about extending him, the colts are likely thinking about the good qb class coming up and maybe even waiting another year and tanking again, this time for Trevor Lawrence.  Or maybe that is the real problem.  The colts cursed him by tanking for him :) 

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Rarely do you have a college qb who is marked as a no miss IT qb and then shows that in the pros.  But alas, he clearly can't stay healthy.  Rather than talking about extending him, the colts are likely thinking about the good qb class coming up and maybe even waiting another year and tanking again, this time for Trevor Lawrence.  Or maybe that is the real problem.  The colts cursed him by tanking for him :) 

If the Colts tanked and landed Trevor Lawrence I would quit football.

• Like 2

Might be Titans v Texans for the division if Luck misses significant time...

This being said, I think the Colts won't be in as bad shape as they were when Luck missed the season with his shoulder injury. They have a very good OL, a good complementary run game with Mack and Hines and a defense that can get some work done.

I'd still slot the Texans and Titans ahead of the Colts. The Jags are unknowns because it'll all come down to which Nick Foles we get.

Just when you'd had your fill of "Andrew Luck Shoulder Injury saga", here comes another one. 

Of course it would be a massive blow to lose Andrew Luck for a significant amount of time. Anyone can just look to two seasons ago when we struggled badly and ended up with the 3rd pick of the draft. 

But losing him for a couple of weeks would certainly be less damaging than losing him for most of the season, if not longer, so if the issue would be helped by giving him that bit longer time to recover, then do it.

What I don't like is how mysterious the Colts hierarchy is being about this. I understand they probably don't want to give too much away but all these mixed messages just frustrate Colts fans and leave them wondering where the teams stands with its franchise quarterback.

All we can hope is that Luck's issue isn't serious and he will be back and playing as soon as possible. I know the team likes Brissett but the fact is Andrew Luck is an absolute talent at the position and not many play at his level. 

If you have the ability to do so, now is a great time to take the Chargers -3 in game 1 of the regular season.  Best case scenario is that the ankle is on his mind and he plays rather cautiously.  

8 minutes ago, JYD said:

If you have the ability to do so, now is a great time to take the Chargers -3 in game 1 of the regular season.  Best case scenario is that the ankle is on his mind and he plays rather cautiously.  

The Chargers were favorites even if Luck was healthy.