Jump to content
TitanLegend

Andrew Luck Dealing With Ankle Injury; Status Not Clear For Week 1

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

You could say he has had...bad luck with injuries lately.

Edited by Elky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people accused the Colts of tanking their season to get Andrew Luck as an instant replacement for Peyton Manning.  I don't know if that's true or not, but if so, it's interesting how karma can come back to bite you when you take shortcuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks that injuries will likely rob us of one of the most entertaining QBs of the decade.  Dude went from being one of the most overhyped players in any sport to, in a way, one of the most underappreciated.  I love watching him play.   I hope this doesn't turn out to be serious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

43 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

It sucks that injuries will likely rob us of one of the most entertaining QBs of the decade.  Dude went from being one of the most overhyped players in any sport to, in a way, one of the most underappreciated.  I love watching him play.   I hope this doesn't turn out to be serious.

 

Rarely do you have a college qb who is marked as a no miss IT qb and then shows that in the pros.  But alas, he clearly can't stay healthy.  Rather than talking about extending him, the colts are likely thinking about the good qb class coming up and maybe even waiting another year and tanking again, this time for Trevor Lawrence.  Or maybe that is the real problem.  The colts cursed him by tanking for him :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, offbyone said:

 

Rarely do you have a college qb who is marked as a no miss IT qb and then shows that in the pros.  But alas, he clearly can't stay healthy.  Rather than talking about extending him, the colts are likely thinking about the good qb class coming up and maybe even waiting another year and tanking again, this time for Trevor Lawrence.  Or maybe that is the real problem.  The colts cursed him by tanking for him :) 

If the Colts tanked and landed Trevor Lawrence I would quit football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be Titans v Texans for the division if Luck misses significant time...

This being said, I think the Colts won't be in as bad shape as they were when Luck missed the season with his shoulder injury. They have a very good OL, a good complementary run game with Mack and Hines and a defense that can get some work done.

I'd still slot the Texans and Titans ahead of the Colts. The Jags are unknowns because it'll all come down to which Nick Foles we get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Elky said:

You could say he has had...bad luck with injuries lately.

I'd say it's karma for starting a book club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Colts fan and a football fan in general it's to bad to hear this. I wish him all the best and hope he's able to play this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Colts and "mis-managing Andrew Luck's health"

Name a more iconic duo

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just when you'd had your fill of "Andrew Luck Shoulder Injury saga", here comes another one. 

Of course it would be a massive blow to lose Andrew Luck for a significant amount of time. Anyone can just look to two seasons ago when we struggled badly and ended up with the 3rd pick of the draft. 

But losing him for a couple of weeks would certainly be less damaging than losing him for most of the season, if not longer, so if the issue would be helped by giving him that bit longer time to recover, then do it.

What I don't like is how mysterious the Colts hierarchy is being about this. I understand they probably don't want to give too much away but all these mixed messages just frustrate Colts fans and leave them wondering where the teams stands with its franchise quarterback.

All we can hope is that Luck's issue isn't serious and he will be back and playing as soon as possible. I know the team likes Brissett but the fact is Andrew Luck is an absolute talent at the position and not many play at his level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Injuries are always unfortunate but otherwise, it's hard to feel sorry for a Colts team that tanked or sucked right at the perfect moment to go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck.

I've always felt Luck should have gone to another team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have the ability to do so, now is a great time to take the Chargers -3 in game 1 of the regular season.  Best case scenario is that the ankle is on his mind and he plays rather cautiously.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JYD said:

If you have the ability to do so, now is a great time to take the Chargers -3 in game 1 of the regular season.  Best case scenario is that the ankle is on his mind and he plays rather cautiously.  

The Chargers were favorites even if Luck was healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×