Texans trade DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for Barkevious Mingo

Steelersfan43

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Have the Texans improved this year, by swapping Clowney for Mingo and Tunsil? (Without going into draft capital they've given up). Probably roughly the same, overall but should improve on their ability to protect DW?

Mingo was only successful in Seattle, so its possible he falls back to reality with the move.

At the very least getting Tunsil might prevent Watson from retiring early

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To be fair I just googled "Jadaveon Clowney Curb Your Enthusiasm" and it was the 2nd result.

Huh, I couldn't find that - but I did find an IASIP version, almost like a cold opening into an episode.

That was a good one...

Oh, so Reddit links can be embedded like Twitter links. Neat.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Idk...seems to me the Texans got hosed on this deal. Am I missing something? Definitely a good addition for Seattle if he can stay healthy.

No, you're right. This was an Oceans' 11 type heist. I'm half expecting George Clooney in a tuxedo at Seattle games going forward.

5 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

So where's the big contract Clowney was holding out for, and the one the Seahawks didn't want to pay to Clark?

We won't find out until next off-season. The July 15th date passed, so Clowney HAS to play on the tag.