Preseason Game 4: Freddie's Favorites

ReggieCamp

4 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Couldn’t watch the game because of scheduling, but talked to a buddy that just got back from England. He told me whenever those British people asked where he was from and when he said Cleveland, there (? Someone will get it) immediate answer was, “eh mate that’s where the Browns err eh?” Or some jiberish, (wish somebody would learn to speak English). 

Anyway what’s going on in our secret man crush country? You guys hopping on the dangerous train? @Mega Ron, @Don Roshi, @Aztec Hammer, @Kiwibrown, @hornbybrown and other brits I didn’t mention? Maybe we won’t be America’s team per se, but why not the world’s team?

It's probably me spreading the word.

No. It's Odell.

• Like 1

Just some thoughts on the game:

1. Try to trade Colquitt for a 2021 7th rounder or something.

2. Lawrence had a very good game and was disruptive.

3. Dontrell Hilliard will be the #2 guy due to his pass catching.

4. I have no idea who will be the #5 and #6 WR. You can argue for and against anybody. I think Sheehy is done.

5. I want Gilbert as our #2 QB. Stash Blough on the practice squad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think the hammer makes it, not sure what the demand is for punters so maybe practice squad? I think we'll play it safe with punter and we are certain Colquitt is very good and should be perfect with our offense as he can stick it inside the 5 with the best of them.

Kicker who really cares at this point I still don't trust either. I figure we'll go with the rookie though. There isn't the same gamble going with a rookie kicker because the incumbent was shaky.

He’s not goin on the PS.  Someone will sign him instantly. To have him with his leg under control for 3 years? Woo boy.  Also he’s an eraser on punt returns.  A literal game changer if your coverage breaks down.  Guarantee this dude will save 1-2 touchdowns this year for some team and a couple more big returns.  He prob can also do kickoffs too

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just some thoughts on the game:

1. Try to trade Colquitt for a 2021 7th rounder or something.

2. Lawrence had a very good game and was disruptive.

3. Dontrell Hilliard will be the #2 guy due to his pass catching.

4. I have no idea who will be the #5 and #6 WR. You can argue for and against anybody. I think Sheehy is done.

5. I want Gilbert as our #2 QB. Stash Blough on the practice squad.

Agree with all of this. 

I think it’ll be willies and Braxton Miller. Ratley barely saw the field.

48 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Agree with all of this. 

Spot on - pnies20. The only thing stopping Willies from being a top flight NFL receiver is consistency. We see flashes of what could be, but dayamm son - you gotta make those big plays everyday of the week that end in a "y". I know this may take time, so I'd hate to give up on Derrick too soon.

Braxton is Webster's stock definition of a diamond in the rough.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

He’s not goin on the PS.  Someone will sign him instantly. To have him with his leg under control for 3 years? Woo boy.  Also he’s an eraser on punt returns.  A literal game changer if your coverage breaks down.  Guarantee this dude will save 1-2 touchdowns this year for some team and a couple more big returns.  He prob can also do kickoffs too

Excellent, excellent analysis. Being on the punt coverage team can be summed up in one saying - "Not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog". Of course, it does help that Jamie has the guns he does have, but there is absolutely no sense of entitlement with this dude. Rugby rules!

56 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Agree with all of this. 

I think you may be right, but you could make an argument for any of them. I thought Braxton was a long shot to make the team, but he looked really solid last night. Still, it might not be large enough of a sample size for him to make the team.

We saw what Willies is capable of last year. Plus, I think the fact that he's a big target might help his cause since he's the only big WR the Browns have.

After last night's game, I think Hyman is the only one who has basically no shot at making the team.

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I think you may be right, but you could make an argument for any of them. I thought Braxton was a long shot to make the team, but he looked really solid last night. Still, it might not be large enough of a sample size for him to make the team.

We saw what Willies is capable of last year. Plus, I think the fact that he's a big target might help his cause since he's the only big WR the Browns have.

After last night's game, I think Hyman is the only one who has basically no shot at making the team.

think it will be
OBJ
Landry
Higgins
Miller
Ratley
Willies

Callaway comes back on suspension and likely kicks miller off the team unless theres some injuries until then

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

He told me whenever those British people asked where he was from and when he said Cleveland, there (? Someone will get it) immediate answer was, “eh mate that’s where the Browns err eh?” Or some jiberish, (wish somebody would learn to speak English). 

😡😤

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I think Browns have always been one of the most supported teams for British fans in my experience.

Atmosphere and passionate support is something we are known for over here and I believe that many British fans can recognise elements of their own English football teams in the Cleveland Browns. We also are a self-deprecating bunch and love seeing ourselves and our team as the underdog. The Browns are exactly the same. Which in my opinion is unlike most of the NFL teams and their support, who always seem to think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Basically, the Cowboys and the Giants are exactly the sort of team and fanbase British people hate (unless it’s a plastic fan like those who are from London but support a northern team like Man United... wankers).

The Browns are exactly the sort of team and fanbase British people love.

We have a huge Browns Backers following over here.

Glad to have you guys. Anybody that starts following the Browns is one less Stiller fan in the world. 

• Like 1