GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Maybe he is realizing all the hard work, leadership, and great attitude is not translating on to the field.

The Bears can love his makeup and how he is in the building, doesn't mean anything if he is an inconsistent and average QB. 

This is spot on. It doesn't matter how good of a teammate you are or how hard you work. Kirk Cousin's plans every minute of his day to maximize his efficiency. The thing is i'ts not about how efficient you are, its about how effective you are. It's the harsh reality - can you play or not when on the big stage?

Just now, Nads786 said:

This is spot on. It doesn't matter how good of a teammate you are or how hard you work. Kirk Cousin's plans every minute of his day to maximize his efficiency. The thing is i'ts not about how efficient you are, its about how effective you are. It's the harsh reality - can you play or not when on the big stage?

9 months of build up, 9 months of talk, and he crapped down his leg in front of an incredible crowd on national TV.

I would expect that he is disappointed.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

9 months of build up, 9 months of talk, and he crapped down his leg in front of an incredible crowd on national TV.

I would expect that he is disappointed.

I feel like the minute a team plays a different defensive scheme he has no idea what to do, or it takes him till quarter four to figure it out. 

13 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. It's hard to game plan for an O when you have no clue what they're gonna do. Let GB show some tendencies. If I was a betting man I think we have a better final 15+ games than them. 

Agreed on taking a deep breath after sleeping on it and fully digesting what happened last night.  Very disappointed in the offense but going to chalk it up to rust and just not being prepared.

As Windy said though, game planning for GB's offense was not the issue.  Defense did more than enough to win this game for us.

Nagy should have known how to attack GB's defense better than he did considering he already played this defense twice and had tons of game film to study on them.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am just disappointed because it is becoming painfully obvious that Mitch is not going to be the top 10 QB that we had hoped he would be.

The MVP talk from a couple of months ago now seems comical.

People on here said Cutler could be MVP his last year here. Stupid people say stupid things.  I don't think we're a worse team then last year. I also don't think we go 16-0 obviously. 

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am just disappointed because it is becoming painfully obvious that Mitch is not going to be the top 10 QB that we had hoped he would be.

Well what makes it even more painful is that our old SS and their starting CB they knew enough of our gameplan to shut us down keep Mitch rattled. And Nagy did not adjust.

Great game. Playing devils advocate for y’alls offensive performance, our defense may have been running the same scheme but this is year 1 of Pettine having the bodies he likes on defense. Think he was able to do a lot more last night with the pieces we have than anything he was able to do last season. 

47 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

A lot right with this post, but "who" in response to the best safety is kind of you being a tool. Come on. If you really wouldn't take Jackson over Amos or Savage, you're nuts. Just because he didn't make a big play yesterday doesn't mean he isn't arguably the best FS in football.

Also, in regards to your final paragraph, I'd have to think the last time you would've felt this way was week 1 last year, unless you're more excited about a 10-3 win than an absolutely remarkable come from behind home win.

In this game, the two best safeties were on GB 's roster.  I'm not arguing who is the best FS in football.  Last night, Jackson didn't show up.  I'm sure he will shortly.

I was much more excited with this 10-3 win.

I knew the roster was garbage last year.  I knew the scheme was bad and I knew our coach wasn't very good.

This year, I have no idea how the coach will be.  I have no idea about the scheme and I had no clue concerning the defense.  Everything was and is new.  It's an odd feeling after so much of the same old same old with McCarthy.

It feels weird to be so happy to watch your team play defense.  I'm thinking you may know and understand that feeling.

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Whoever was saying Mitch was an MVP candidate this season is a complete moron.  That's extremely high expectations for a guy at this stage in his pro QB development.

I think it's still a bit premature to say he's going to be this or not going to be that. 

Though I get that people expect to see more at this point (myself included) and have their doubts about his long term potential as a starter.  

The thing I keep telling myself is that Alex Smith said this offense take 3 years to truly master.  Mitch is only in year 2 of it but that's not a good enough excuse. He needs to show by the end of this year that he is undoubtedly the guy this team needs to move forward with because this dominant defense won't last forever.

11 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Great game. Playing devils advocate for y’alls offensive performance, our defense may have been running the same scheme but this is year 1 of Pettine having the bodies he likes on defense. Think he was able to do a lot more last night with the pieces we have than anything he was able to do last season. 

Are you serious? LOL

Ya great for you guys that you won but it was far from a great game to watch and normally I am a fan of defensive football.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Whoever was saying Mitch was an MVP candidate this season is a complete moron.  That's extremely high expectations for a guy at this stage in his pro QB development.

I think it's still a bit premature to say he's going to be this or not going to be that. 

Though I get that people expect to see more at this point (myself included) and have their doubts about his long term potential as a starter.  

The thing I keep telling myself is that Alex Smith said this offense take 3 years to truly master.  Mitch is only in year 2 of it but that's not a good enough excuse. He needs to show by the end of this year that he is undoubtedly the guy this team needs to move forward with because this dominant defense won't last forever.

I would say by mid-season the die is cast. I've seen a lot of players across the board from different sports flash their "potential" only to come back down. Consistency is the true marker of excellence. 

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

No, no, no....Do not go there with that 3-year talk...lol..!

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Are you serious? LOL

Ya great for you guys that you won but it was far from a great game to watch and normally I am a fan of defensive football.

If I wasn't a Bears fan I would have turned this game off. Both defensive's played excellent but the Offensive looked sloppy. The false starts and delay of games were especially painful to watch. It seems like both offenses were really unprepared. 

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

In this game, the two best safeties were on GB 's roster.  I'm not arguing who is the best FS in football.  Last night, Jackson didn't show up.  I'm sure he will shortly.

I was much more excited with this 10-3 win.

I knew the roster was garbage last year.  I knew the scheme was bad and I knew our coach wasn't very good.

This year, I have no idea how the coach will be.  I have no idea about the scheme and I had no clue concerning the defense.  Everything was and is new.  It's an odd feeling after so much of the same old same old with McCarthy.

It feels weird to be so happy to watch your team play defense.  I'm thinking you may know and understand that feeling.

Your defense did look good but was that a product of Pettine or of Mitch....