Monday Night Football! Houston @ New Orleans!

ET80

Texans v Saints  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Texans
    • Saints
  2. 2. Who is the best player on offense?

• Drew Brees
    • Michael Thomas
    • Alvin Kamara
    • Deshaun Watson
    • DeAndre Hopkins
    • Will Fuller
    • Other
  3. 3. Who is the best player on defense?

• Cam Jordan
    • Marshawn Lattimore
    • Marcus Davenport
    • JJ Watt
    • Whitney Mercilius
    • Zach Cunningham
    • Other

4 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Full disclosure, I despise the Saints - but did anyone else feel like the announcers were talking up the Saints for most of the game. Was very annoying.

lol I remember they were talking like "redmeption for the Saints D after the championship game!!!" And I was like "against us?"

2 minutes ago, tab said:

lol I remember they were talking like "redmeption for the Saints D after the championship game!!!" And I was like "against us?"

That and Parry talking about how the officials needed to have a great game is just too much. Drew Brees is an awesome guy and fun player to root for - I think this is why it's gone like this. If you replace the Saints with a team like the Panthers, the world would have told them to get over it by March.

The whole redemption/revenge thing is funny because I'm pretty sure the Rams will be the ones looking for it after all the ridiculousness that's come out of New Orleans over the last seven months.

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

One thing about that Lutz FG.

At 58 it had a good 7 yards extra on it as it hit the wall up pretty high.

That may have been good from 65. (or he overhits a try from 65)

Maybe when kicking 60 yarders you need to pretend it's 55-57 somewhere in there.

seems like you get less wild shanks at that range and usually they have several yards (or more) to spare

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

So I guess that Watts didn’t record a tackle or sack for the right time in his career. Ryan Ramczyk doesn’t get a ton of credit largely because he plays RT, but the guy is phenomenal. 

Was it Ramczyk or did Watt not look right? When I keyed in on him I didn't see the same explosiveness but that could have been because of Ramczyk. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Tough, tough loss. Moreso frustrating because the players to be a really good team are on roster, but the coaching is going to ruin everything.

There will be a few 10-6 or 11-5 seasons, a few playoff appearance, but that's the ceiling.

Oh well. Astros winning 15-0.

Is BOB feeling any heat for his job? 

A lot of the criticism of the Texans is for the defense, but it was bad strategy to score so fast by the offense. Once you've got that first big play to Hopkins, there's time to take a breath and consider how much time you might leave. 40 seconds and 1 TO is easily enough time to lose the game.

Risky, but Stills should have considered going down at the 1. Then they spike it and have three shots to go 1 yard to win the game, and make sure Brees never gets the ball back.