Defense Appreciation Thread

incognito_man

We need this to track and brag about our defense.

Week 3 Ratings

PPG: 2nd (12.3)

PPD: 2nd (0.70)

YPD: 2nd (22.5)

Passer Rating: 2nd (63.1)

3rd down: 10th (35%)

DVOA: 3rd

Week 2 Ratings

PPG: 2nd (9.5)

PPD: 1st (0.25)

YPD: 3rd (19.2)

Passer Rating: 2nd (58.3)

3rd down: 6th (25%)

DVOA: 3rd

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 5

Rodgers had some very glowing remarks about "Kev" and "Ja" in his post-game presser today. Compared King to Al Harris and Jaire to Charles Woodson (who he called the greatest player he ever played with). Praised Jaire's speed, King's physicality, and both of their ball skills and confidence. Worth a listen if you have time.

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Rodgers had some very glowing remarks about "Kev" and "Ja" in his post-game presser today. Compared King to Al Harris and Jaire to Charles Woodson (who he called the greatest player he ever played with). Praised Jaire's speed, King's physicality, and both of their ball skills and confidence. Worth a listen if you have time.

I did listen to it and he was very complimentary towards those two. Savage, other than the ****ty angle and poor attempt to tackle Cook, is playing lights out too. He's going to be a beast too. 

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

Which in a reading words between the lines that dont exist: we're not gonna go hard for Fitzpatrick - or have the collateral (read: high enough draft slot) to land him. 

The FO's gonna see the future is now. Playing and achieving on the field now. 

I think we're fooling ourselves into thinking MIAs gonna be satisfied with our depth guy (Jackson) who's not set his feet firmly yet. How many snaps he get in today's game? A sputtering offense...losing the time of possession wars and forcing the D back on to the field.....how many snaps did Jackson get? I honestly dont know, but suspect he didnt carry a heavy load.....in a game when his contribution would be necessary. Would love to be wrong...but I dont think I am.  

Savage was in a walking boot.  Defense isn't as good without him back there.  I've been saying for forver that safety is the most underrated position in football and now we've got two awesome safeties. 

The Smiths help, but still.  If Savage can't play on Sunday I'm going to be pissed. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Savage was in a walking boot.  Defense isn't as good without him back there.  I've been saying for forver that safety is the most underrated position in football and now we've got two awesome safeties. 

The Smiths help, but still.  If Savage can't play on Sunday I'm going to be pissed. 

Savage got kicked in the shin on the final play of the game.  Boot is filled with ice and just precautionary.  He should be fine.

• Like 1