Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

29 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Good news for everyone else is that we don't have the cap space for him. We've already made Gilmore one of the highest paid CBs in the league. It aint happenin' here.

Seeing that we're all guessing, I'll throw in....Chiefs

What I'm waiting on is who is ready to give him the monster extension because that needs to happen to acquire him. The Pats could take on his roughly 3 million left for this year but they wouldn't be able to extend him soon.

There is only one possibility. The Patriots handle this like a Brandin Cooks situation plus somehow convince him he can win a SB here this year, then gets flipped next offseason for lesser picks than we would give up now. NE is the only place I see where someone could convince him and his agent to not push for the contract extension right away. They could say all good players that leave get paid. Win a SB and enjoy the sun later. Belichick is cruel but I don't think even he is THAT cruel to the rest of the league.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

After the Antonio Brown situation, have to wonder if that wouldn’t hurt Ramsey’s perceived value... as he seems like one of those guys that has a higher sense of ego. And once you pay him does that only get worse?

Teams would need to investigate and do their research for sure. That said, as a Ravens fan, I would for sure offer them a 2020 1st round pick and a conditional 4th/5th in 2021 depending on play and contract... I could potentially be convinced to offer more.

Pair him with Humphrey, Brandon Carr, and Jimmy Smith the rest of this season. Would potentially be the best cornerback crew ever assembled 1-4. Throw Earl Thomas into the mix as well.

He doesn't really have an ego, the Jags staff have ****ed him over long enough and made him spiteful, including Coughlin saying stuff to him that was so bad that the NFL had to caution Coughlin after Ramsey missed voluntary practice. Coughlin probably isn't gonna extend Ramsey anyway and I see him as the type of player refusing to go to a non-competitor. 

8 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

He's said he wants to play for Oakland. I hope he doesn't play for Oakland. Just got done with Brown's diva ***. Don't need another

He's also pretty friendly with Hopkins and Deshaun and indicated he wants to go to Houston endlessly. I still don't see him going to the Raiders as  much as other teams he wants to go to though cause they're a competitor (atleast on the Jags skill level) and the Jags know they have a future HOF corner they're gonna have to let go of.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Ahh, it seems like forever ago when the Jaguars fans were on their high after almost getting to the SB and then beating the Patriots in week 2 (?) last season. Now that team's a dumpster fire.

Chiefs and Eagles make the most sense to me. I could also see the Titans.

You crazy. Ramsey not going to a divisional rival. Though... this is the Jags....

27 minutes ago, Drained said:

You crazy. Ramsey not going to a divisional rival. Though... this is the Jags....

As long as we don't trade him for a comp level pick we'd get regardless or turn around and trade a couple 1's+ for a LT we should be good...

😉

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Ahh, it seems like forever ago when the Jaguars fans were on their high after almost getting to the SB and then beating the Patriots in week 2 (?) last season. Now that team's a dumpster fire.

Chiefs and Eagles make the most sense to me. I could also see the Titans.

Injuries derailed their season in week 1 this time

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why? They are defending their teammate? What’s weird there

Actually didn't look at Hayden and Wilson(?) but Doug has lost this locker room. 

Jalen was in the wrong. We've seen players whine about making a catch or preventing a catch, only to be wrong. Some blatantly, some because the camera can't provide the evidence to overturn. There's a reason teams have someone upstairs to look at replays.

This wasn't a conclusive challenge.

For his teammates to defend him when he's in the wrong...(and Wilson basically telling Doug to get in his place by pointing him away)...

There's no going back.

Either you fire Doug now or you fire Doug later (and clean house)....

Regardless of what happens with Jalen 

• Like 1