Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

4 hours ago, Elky said:

How did a team that looked so promising two years ago fall apart this quickly?

Flat out comes down to the quarterback. I mentioned it before in another thread, but its the same thing with the Dolphins. For as many first round picks that they are getting from all these trades, it means absolutely nothing if they brick the quarterback selection. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Flat out comes down to the quarterback. I mentioned it before in another thread, but its the same thing with the Dolphins. For as many first round picks that they are getting from all these trades, it means absolutely nothing if they brick the quarterback selection. 

The 2017 season was the worst thing to happen to the Jags. 

Bortles got a contract extension, cut 1 year later.

Marrone, Caldwell and Coughlin all got a 1 year extension after the 2017 season. All 3 should have been let go by now.

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, they can use the minkah trade as leverage now

I think the Minkah deal works as leverage, almost doubly so.

a)It obviously set the benchmark, and you're going to want more for Jalen obviously.

b)Now that the Minkah deal is done, all those other teams that might've been in on it or at least kicking tires, aren't going to have that "other option" to play around with if they want a top tier DB upgrade.

11 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I wonder if the Chargers were the team that offered a first and a player.

I think offering a first and Tyrod Taylor would be something the Jaguars would definitely want. Jags need a QB.

Problem would be I don't see us being able to give Ramsey a giant contract like he would want. We are going to have to give Bosa, King and Rivers contracts after this season.

The Jaguars don't need a QB.  Especially not with a huge piece of their secondary going out the door.  Minshew has been really surprisingly good thus far.  To the point i wouldn't be starting Tyrod over him, even if he were on the roster for free (or the 5th round pick they sent for Dobbs lol).

It just doesn't really add any value to a deal when you're throwing in a backup QB as part of the "package" for an elite player.

If Jalen is being traded...either there's a decent young CB coming back to fill the gap...or it's probably just a "start retooling for next year" type move, where you can just pile on the picks for all it matters to this season for the Jaguars.

7 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Marrone, Caldwell and Coughlin all got a 1 year extension after the 2017 season. All 3 should have been let go by now.

The 2017 was a repeat of 2007 season.

10 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

At least they didn't sign Cousins I guess. It's too bad Foles got hurt.