Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

I mean if we are looking at his worst play of the year.....OK, we know he's not a world beater.....but lets find some of the blocks he made MAULING the ISH out multiple people during Chubbs dominant performances vs the Ravens and Seahawk's.....

And also on that play...if we look, theres a shift called and the rusher gets caught up by the Guard (his man by the center and the backside G takes the guy the Center had) AND on that play the RB  is WIDE OPEN (no one within 12 yards of him) underneath and the backside WR is in breaking on an in route and has the LB going the WRONG way......window open for a longer throw.

Just saying.......Did he get beat on the play....yes.....BUT this play could have been successful....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I mean if we are looking at his worst play of the year.....OK, we know he's not a world beater.....but lets find some of the blocks he made MAULING the ISH out multiple people during Chubbs dominant performances vs the Ravens and Seahawk's.....

And also on that play...if we look, theres a shift called and the rusher gets caught up by the Guard (his man by the center and the backside G takes the guy the Center had) AND on that play the RB  is WIDE OPEN (no one within 12 yards of him) underneath and the backside WR is in breaking on an in route and has the LB going the WRONG way......window open for a longer throw.

Just saying.......Did he get beat on the play....yes.....BUT this play could have been successful....

That play is tasty confirmation bias desert. Let them have their evidence that "proves" their point. They can't be helped, lol.

No one on this forum believes Greg Robinson hasn't played poorly in snaps and no one believes that Greg Robinson has not been a problematic.

Not one.

If one believes the world is black and white, it will be so and everything will fall into those 2 categories.

It's always been about priority of problems. Out of the host of problems this team has had Greg Robinson is not in the top 3 issues even though he's definitely on the list. Chris Hubbard oddly enough is on that list ahead of Greg. I wonder if we're a little surprised but see Hubbard move to LT and McCray slide to RT.

Let's hope Justin McCray isn't complete BBQ Chicken.

Edited by Mind Character

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

But that play by bitonio! 😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Robinson has been better as a run blocker but dont want my LT being better at run blocking than pass blocking. 

Not really a shift, its just slide protection. Seems like slide 4 to the left and chip the one on one block with the RB if needed.

Im more concerned about, that if its slide protection, why the hell is Robinson being so aggressive, especially to the inside. You dont need to cut off the guy to the inside, thats where you help is at. 

Did he get beat on the play, yes, but the play could have been a success (pretty sure the RB caught that but there is more underlying issues to be seen. Also look at Hubbards' technique. my god that is bad. He actually starts out with a pretty good kick set and is in pretty good position but he has his inside down at his hip, he delivers absolutely no punch, and gets way too high at the point of contact. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Robinson has been better as a run blocker but dont want my LT being better at run blocking than pass blocking. 

Not really a shift, its just slide protection. Seems like slide 4 to the left and chip the one on one block with the RB if needed.

Im more concerned about, that if its slide protection, why the hell is Robinson being so aggressive, especially to the inside. You dont need to cut off the guy to the inside, thats where you help is at. 

Did he get beat on the play, yes, but the play could have been a success (pretty sure the RB caught that but there is more underlying issues to be seen. Also look at Hubbards' technique. my god that is bad. He actually starts out with a pretty good kick set and is in pretty good position but he has his inside down at his hip, he delivers absolutely no punch, and gets way too high at the point of contact. 

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

That play is tasty confirmation bias desert. Let them have their evidence that "proves" their point. They can't be helped, lol.

No one on this forum believes Greg Robinson hasn't played poorly in snaps and no one believes that Greg Robinson has not been a problematic.

Not one.

If one believes the world is black and white, it will be so and everything will fall into those 2 categories.

It's always been about priority of problems. Out of the host of problems this team has had Greg Robinson is not in the top 3 issues even though he's definitely on the list. Chris Hubbard oddly enough is on that list ahead of Greg. I wonder if we're a little surprised but see Hubbard move to LT and McCray slide to RT.

Let's hope Justin McCray isn't complete BBQ Chicken.

There's absolutely been at least a couple of people on here who has said that he's not much of a problem.

He's certainly not the only problem or even the biggest problem, but he certainly is a problem. The dude has had far too many bad plays and is undisciplined. I would agree that Hubbard has been worse, but the criticism of Robinson is totally justified, IMO.

I also strongly believe if you fix one of the tackles, it will have a trickle-down effect on the other tackle. If the LT is better, you can spend more time scheming to help the RT. Might be able to cover up Hubbard more but who knows. It sounds good on paper right now. Maybe it actually works

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Baker probably smoked crack last night too. Lets all just make up stuff that we have no idea whether or not it is true.

Like you just did?

Brady's conditioning/fitness regimen is a matter of record, undeniable.

If you are saying Mayfield's off-season matched it, you are delusional.

55 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Like you just did?

Brady's conditioning/fitness regimen is a matter of record, undeniable.

If you are saying Mayfield's off-season matched it, you are delusional.

I'll put everything I have on Baker in a 40 yard dash or a mile run vs. Brady.

24 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Well then,  if Colin Cowherd says it I am inclined to believe it.

If he was out of shape he wouldn't have been in the endzone to greet Chubb after his 80+ yard run. He rn 18.5 mph getting there. Even if he were out of shape, which he isn't, who cares he is a QB and that isn't detrimental to their game unless they are a running QB. It will turn around for him, he is too good for it not to, and then we can talk about how hard he worked during the bye week to get in shape...