Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

TheBitzMan

52 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Lizzard is in Green Bay though, and everyone knows lizzards like warm weather 9_9 

He's a 4.55 guy that seems to run faster in-game, as Donzo says. Maybe he is fairly quick, but at almost 6'5", just takes time to get those long legs up to speed.

Lazzard.  To me, it looks like he plays with confidence.  Like he knows that he can do, athletically, and he knows where to be.  His catch on the "out" was a great play.  Simple, but the timing was excellent and his effort was great.

I think he will work in nicely, even when Adams comes back.  

Also helps that Rodgers seems to trust him already.

• Like 2

Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard Lazard

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Lazzard.  To me, it looks like he plays with confidence.  Like he knows that he can do, athletically, and he knows where to be.  His catch on the "out" was a great play.  Simple, but the timing was excellent and his effort was great.

I think he will work in nicely, even when Adams comes back.  

Also helps that Rodgers seems to trust him already.

I love the kid going back to the huddle and telling Rodgers to throw him and ball and the route he wants to run. That takes some balls and you have to love that attitude. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

I love the kid going back to the huddle and telling Rodgers to throw him and ball and the route he wants to run. That takes some balls and you have to love that attitude. 

The amazing thing there is that Rodgers trusted him enough to throw him that ball right away, no hesitation.  It was pure trust in the play, the player and the timing.

It's something we usually don't see out of Rodgers and a new WR right away.

I found it very telling earlier when Lazzard enters the game and immediately gets a jump ball bomb thrown his way.  Just tells me....Aaron likes Allen.  Aaron likes Allen.  

Aaron's been wanting Lazard to play more since camp. I'm sure Rodgers is aware of how productive Lazard was at ISU pre-Matt Campbell. The dude just knows how to get open. 4-star recruit that voluntarily went to ISU as well btw; his dad played ball there.

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

Yeah, the Packers are so much better at punt returns without Davis, yeah.

Yeah .. it was a bad move.  If you've got someone that is an equal of Davis ready to roll then maybe the trade makes sense.  The problem is that Shepherd is far inferior in the return game, and offers nothing as a receiver.  Davis could have come in handy since the Adams injury.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. it was a bad move.  If you've got someone that is an equal of Davis ready to roll then maybe the trade makes sense.  The problem is that Shepherd is far inferior in the return game, and offers nothing as a receiver.  Davis could have come in handy since the Adams injury.

In Week 1, Davis had like a 30 yard catch late in the game to help seal the deal.

He was underutilized. But man, just having him on PRs/KRs would help so much. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

After that first quarter where Davis had the catch and the bad OPI, I was a little worried we were going to see an 80 yard day. Thank God that didn't happen.

When it comes to yardage, I wish Davis had all the receiving yardage.  There are some mouth breathers here who still think Davis sucked at returning punts. 

And for what it's worth, Trevor Davis in 3 games for the Raiders has 6 receptions for 68 yards.
In 33 games for the Packers, Davis had 9 receptions for 122 yards. 

Davis also has 74 yards rushing for the Raiders.

And on 5 returns, Trevor Davis is averaging 12.8 yards per punt return.  If you counted only his punt returns as a Raider, that would lead the league in punt return average.

But WTF do I know? 

6 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Boy we really miss Trevor Davis.