Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

6 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Not sure there are any players in the NFL worth what they are making.  However, that being said, QB is the position you have to have and usually overpay.  Rodgers production over the years is reliant on many factors:  offensive scheme, his health, the talent surrounding him, the teams health, who they play and when plus other factors.  Qb's get paid for both what they have done and what they probably can do.  He's not been his fantastic producing self the past few years no doubt.  However, things are starting to gel hopefully and those less than MVP numbers you are so disappointed with will reappear and earn that contract.  

I don’t care about the stats. I care about the performance. He doesn’t look the same.

37 minutes ago, Slinky said:

When I got blasted the last 2 years for saying Mac had to go

The Mac loyalists are having a very hard time with the Pack's fast start. (They cannot fathom that the team's success might be directly related to the departure of Mac and his stellar staff).

Remember when they assured us Mac would have another job within 2 mins if the Pack were ever foolish enough to let him go? (Of course that changed to Mac needing a year off to re-charge his batteries while collecting the Pack's $ in 2019).

Gonna be fun to see so many NFL teams battle to retain Big Mac's services in just over 2 months.

Can't wait.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I don’t care about the stats. I care about the performance. He doesn’t look the same.

Compared to when he was 5-6 years younger without shoulder and knee injuries with much better receivers in a system he's been in forever ?  I too care about performance and stats often times are inflated and meaningless.  So far this year his performance has led to a 6-1 record and wouldn't doubt it one bit if they are 9-1 or 8-2 at the bye week.  Not sure what you are unhappy about with his performance.   

Edited by coachbuns

8 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

The Mac loyalists are having a very hard time with the Pack's fast start. (They cannot fathom that the team's success might be directly related to the departure of Mac and his stellar staff).

Remember when they assured us Mac would have another job within 2 mins if the Pack were ever foolish enough to let him go? (Of course that changed to Mac needing a year off to re-charge his batteries while collecting the Pack's $ in 2019).

Gonna be fun to see so many NFL teams battle to retain Big Mac's services in just over 2 months.

Can't wait.

I liked Mac as a HC, and I can tell you this is so true. I sit in my bed at night and can't sleep, food and drink just don't taste good anymore, medication isn't helping. I just can't fathom how we're 6-1 without our beloved Mac. I just can't enjoy it. I was hoping we'd be 1-6 by now and putting in a call for Mac to come back. Mac > the Green Bay Packers.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

he looks better than in a long time

hes calm out there. focused.

the eye test passes for me

That's how I feel too, at least over the last three weeks.  Calm.   I haven't felt that to be true in recent years.  seemed to be always scrambling, or preparing to scramble, because the line wasn't that great. 

But for the last couple of weeks, he's seemed more calm and comfortable to look for targets, rather than to be looking for where the pressure coming. 

That calmness may vanish in an instant, when a team creates more consistent pressure and beats our line.  It may also diminish outside of Lambeau.  

Last year I thought his accuracy was very problematic.  Early this season I continues to have concerns with accuracy.  But in the last several weeks, that's seemed much better, to me.  

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I liked Mac as a HC, and I can tell you this is so true. I sit in my bed at night and can't sleep, food and drink just don't taste good anymore, medication isn't helping. I just can't fathom how we're 6-1 without our beloved Mac. I just can't enjoy it. I was hoping we'd be 1-6 by now and putting in a call for Mac to come back. Mac > the Green Bay Packers.

Go Mac Go! Go Mac Go!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

There are Mac loyalists?

I don't know if there are any remaining after this 6-1 start, but there were a lot of them that seemed to have their heads firmly planted in the sand just prior to his firing.  Mac was leading a sinking ship that was about to be submerged in water, but the blame was being pointed at everyone else.

• Like 2

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't know if there are any remaining after this 6-1 start, but there were a lot of them that seemed to have their heads firmly planted in the sand just prior to his firing.  Mac was leading a sinking ship that was about to be submerged in water, but the blame was being pointed at everyone else.

This is a reality that only existed in people who would refer to him as "Fat Mac."

At the end everyone, and I do mean everyone, thought that the departure was for the best, even those of us who like Mac.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

What's hilarious is zero people are doing what he claims. Zero.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is a reality that only existed in people who would refer to him as "Fat Mac."

At the end everyone, and I do mean everyone, thought that the departure was for the best, even those of us who like Mac.

I wasn't a Fat Mac'er ... not so sure 'everyone' thought that the departure was for the best.  Some seemed to be coming around to the inevitable that Mac was going to be gone, but it caught some by surprise. 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/14716-packers-fire-mike-mccarthy-joe-philbin-named-interim-hc/

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

When did 'Fat Mac' become a thing? It sounds like a McDonalds promotion. 

https://twitter.com/deathbysparky/status/1059300472094420992

Edited by Howler
  • Like 1