NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

16 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Nah. Every team could take the risk. He was quite easily the best prospect in the draft, bad teams NEED to take that risk. 

Yes and no. That's the exact type of player those franchises need but you need a highly competent organization to pretty much bring MPJ along slow in year 2. Do you trust the Knicks or Bulls to do that? Hell no lol.

What happens if these bad GMs spend a top 10 pick on a guy that doesn't end up playing at all? They gonna put their job on the line for a guy that's had two back surgeries? I think you're right that in theory they definitely should have picked the guy, but I just am not shocked that in reality he wasn't an option. Which is why I'm SHOCKED that the Clippers (stable organization) didn't take the gamble on MPJ and took Jerome Robinson (????) 

I will say while I get that the league had a tough call to make - the lack of energy from several games shows how much the young players, many of whom idolized Kobe, are having a tough go of it.  

Tuesday night, when the Lakers & Clippers square off, figures to be a roller coaster of emotions for the LA fanbase.  

• Like 1